forum

[Archived] Osu Tablet G430 XP - PEN

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yaros
Problem Details:
Hello everyone, i recently bought an Osu tablet (name in the subject) and i dont know how to install driver for it and how to change the area, if someone is familiar with this kind of tablet i would be very happy if you text me back and help me to resolve my problem, i am pretty dumb if it goes for the PC things so an easy explaination would be nice :D !

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20171031.24 (latest)
- Feenal -
Pretty new to the tablet stuff as well, not very informed about them. However, I suppose I will tell you a couple things about what I already know if that helps you. I searched it up on a couple sites and it says you do not need a driver to use that tablet (Tablet G430 XP - PEN) on osu. As well as the area the pen works in, I think you change it by increasing the sensitivity up on osu. The lower the sensitivity the bigger the area the pen uses for osu, and the higher the sensitivity the smaller the area is. I would assume that is what it is since my tablet does that, but I should mention mine is the Huion 420 osu tablet which isn't the same. If you want to change where you want that small/big area on your tablet to be, I am unsure of that. I would assume you need a driver for that type of thing, but if you don't want to worry about that I suppose you could just get a feel of where the area is and get used to that. Lastly I am unsure if it will do this to yours as I have a different tablet, but if you open osu and your pen's cursor glitches all over the screen, turn on raw input under the sensitivity bar in setting. That is all I know about tablets really, I hope the information helps. If it doesn't I am sure you can just reply it doesn't or someone can just add on or contradict what I said.
Death
There are indeed drivers for this tablet, it's actually preferable to change the active area of your tablet instead of changing sensitivity in osu!.

You can download the drivers for this tablet here. Looks like the one you want is going to be the 8th down on the list "Artist13.3, Star 06, 05, G540 & G430 driver for Win".

Once installed, one the left side of the program there is a tab called "Work Area" which you can use to change the active area of your tablet.