forum

Challenge the Users Below You (Supporter Giveaway)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro
What is This?:
So I've been wanting to do a supporter giveaway for some time now and thought rather than do an arbitrary drawing lets instead make a competition.
I don't know enough people to really organize a tournament so I decided instead that I'd create a simple competition through forum games that I could manage by myself.

How This Works:
The concept is simple, a user posts a beatmap "challenge" for other users to complete. Other users try to complete the challenge and if successful they post screenshots of their success. After 48 hours has passed the challenge closes and another user can create a challenge.

Game will continue until the end of 2017

Point System:

Challenger:
5 Points: 1 User can complete challenge
2 Points: 2-3 Users can complete challenge
1 Point: 4-5 Users can complete challenge
0 Points: 6+ Users can complete challenge
-2 Points: 0 Users can complete challenge
(Basically you want a map that is hard so few people complete it, but not so hard that nobody can complete it)

Challengee:
2 Points: Complete a challenge

Prizes:
1st place: 3 Months Supporter
2nd place: 2 Months Supporter
3rd place: 1 Month Supporter

Rules:
1. Map request must be ranked/loved (This prevents people from picking a map and then it getting edited or something weird changing the challenge)
2. You cannot complete your own challenge for points
3. You cannot be the challenger twice in a row
4. Only one challenge can be ongoing at a time
5. Challenge must be completed given the conditions stated by the challenger (cannot adjust gamemode, mods, ect)
a. Exception: Visual mods in Mania such as HD or FL are allowed in addition if requester picks Mania'
6. Challenger can not pick a map that has been requested already
7. Challenge must be completed online to verify veracity of the play (if your caught photoshopping or cheating in any way your DQ'd)
8. Challenge must be completed during the timeframe of the challenge, plays submitted before or after do not count.
9. I have the right to nullify any challenge I consider to be invalid (no points gained or lost in this scenario but different user must post challenge)
a: This is to get rid of challenges that aren't specific (like don't put "FC a 3* Map")
b: Also This is an Osu Challenge (no irl, other game, or any other type of challenge)
10. Please put your screenshots in a spoilerbox so as to not clutter the page

Leaderboards:
1st: Husa: 29 Points
2nd: Cynplytholowazy: 26 Points
3rd: AmateurMonkeyYT 18 Points
4th: Abraker: 14 Points
5th: Groex: 11 Points
6th: Vinnicci: 10 Points
7th: - Aries -, Momiji ,Groex, Hwa Yang & Keremal: 6 Points
11th: Idealism & Best459: 4 Points
13th: Chantszhei12345: 3 Points
14th: Brisk Clarity, CraftMan3512, The Awesomnator, Oiso, Predominador, Divine Cake, 4ksrub, Cyfer, KarlF, SkeletonK, YoShiZoRi, Atticus, Ssau, Itslexii & My Angel Kanan: 2 Points
29th: DJ Enetro: 1 Point

P.S. I put this in forum games instead of G&R Tournaments as I felt it was more appropriate here as I didn't want it constantly popping to the top of the tournaments sub-forum
DJ Enetro
Play the 5.02* diff of this BM on standard and FC it except you get a 100 on the last spinner/note. (The sum of all fears - magnified)
Also, don’t use any mods.
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/290339
DM Ashura - Elise
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro
I am fine with this challenge (albeit the spinner requirement is pretty weird) Please post your score screen & watch your replay to screenshot your spinner 100 when completing this challenge.
vinnicci
That condition though. :(
DJ Enetro
But as soon as you see the “clear”, you can let go of z/x I think
Husa
seems fun owo
Tae

DJ Enetro wrote:

But as soon as you see the “clear”, you can let go of z/x I think
You have a 300 at that point.
The map itself is easy, besides the fucking nonsensical jumpstreams around 500x
Source is PIU... why am I not surprised.

Softwarm
It has to be a 1 hundred? Fuck, I just got a 50.
DJ Enetro
Edgar, I did a google and found out there are 67 days until the end of the year, so counting mine there's gonna be 34 challenges total... a bit short don't you think?

Hwa Yang wrote:

You have a 300 at that point.
Well I use a trackpad and when I try to spin, sometimes I get "clear" and it still gives me a 100/katu. According to your profile, you use a tablet, and imo I think it's easier to spin given you have control of a stylus, so... that's pretty subjective there depending on playstyle.

Hwa Yang wrote:

The map itself is easy, besides the fucking nonsensical jumpstreams around 500x
The one after the chord thundering or something? Well, the music seems like it's dropping/not at an intense level so I understand what you mean.
But then again, there was a jump down in difficulty... so I don't know. Clearly I'm not the person to ask about mapping, but the BM was ranked, so...

/shrug

Hwa Yang wrote:

Source is PIU... why am I not surprised.
Have any problems with that? I for one am a fan of those games.

Let's just drop it tho, we don't want to cause drama in FG ;)
Softwarm
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro
yup watched your replay to confirm the FC + 100 on spinner. Good job
vinnicci
Sometimes the spin in replay shows 50, but its 100.

replay

Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro
Sorry Enetro I hadn't seen your message. Personally I think 34 challenges is plenty, also most regular Osu tournaments last about 1.5-2 months so I kinda wanted this to be of similar length.

Edit: If you guys find this forum game fun I have no issue with it being continued past the end of the year. End of the year will simply be when I do the giveaway.
Ideal
no mods? lol fukc, rip my hopes of hring it for an easy 100 on last spinner

guess ill set a reminder for when im home
Ideal
god this map's jumpstreams are fucking annoying lol score and replay

you can see the 100 popping out, although faintly, but if you're unsure check the replay
Husa
It took some time but I did it in the end \o/
DJ Enetro
My challenge will soon end, waiting for Edgar to confirm submitted replays
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro
Ok, I confirmed the replays. All of them seem to have met the requirements stated.

Just one point to clarify, in my personal opinion an "FC" means no combo breaks which Husa's replay meets. If in the future a challenge wants a "perfect" please state this as being "Max Combo" Not sure which Enetro meant in his challenge but I'll accept the replay as meeting the requirements even though some slider ends were released early.

So we had 4 people that completed this challenge. So per the point system each person who completed got 2 points and since 4-5 users completed the challenge Enetro gets 1 Point. I'll update the score and consider this challenge closed so another person can now create a challenge (note it cannot be Enetro again since he made previous challenge)
DJ Enetro
Yea... I thought PF would be too hard for many people /shrug
Pure 100% should be SS imo
Topic Starter
Edgar_Figaro
actually Enetro you only get 1 point. I miscounted we had 4 users complete it
show more