forum

A 3rd and 4th keyboard tap key for beat maps. [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +18
Topic Starter
darkzero999
Some beat maps are so fast it's killing my pointer and middle fingers. Thinking maybe my ring finger could help if a third key is available.
xsrsbsns

darkzero999 wrote:

it's killing my pointer and middle fingers.
which is supposed to happen.

Just no..
My1_old
or use 2 index fingers.
awp
Add 'em yourself if you want 'em

how?

google.com
Wishy
Tbh I consider using 3 keys or something like that actually cheating, but it isn't really so just bind c to function like z, and v to x, then you can even use 4 fingers. How = Google.
My1_old
but dont focus on the z but on german keyboards z and y are switched...
Soaprman
If such a feature is added to the game, how long before beatmaps are made with the change in mind?

And people don't just start out being able to tackle such fast maps. It takes practice. Your fingers will get faster as you keep playing.
Gomo Psivarh

Wishy22 wrote:

Tbh I consider using 3 keys or something like that actually cheating, but it isn't really so just bind c to function like z, and v to x, then you can even use 4 fingers. How = Google.
That not works well.

Assuming you mapped key C to Z.
When dealing with streams, if you press C before releasing Z, it will be considered that you are still holding the same key Z and result a miss.

This problem won't exist when hitting Z and X alternately as Z and X are different keys.
My1_old
or y and x on german keyboards...
Gomo Psivarh
btw more fingers = faster speed? I don't believe this.
It seems 3 or 4 fingers are even slower than 2 fingers for me :(
blissfulyoshi

Gomo Psivarh wrote:

Wishy22 wrote:

That not works well.

Assuming you mapped key C to Z.
When dealing with streams, if you press C before releasing Z, it will be considered that you are still holding the same key Z and result a miss.

This problem won't exist when hitting Z and X alternately as Z and X are different keys.
I am really not getting how people are correlating more keys with higher difficulty streams. If you want to stream with 3 keys, go right ahead. Also, you know streams are sort of limited by the song right, most people do not make normal music with over 200BPM 1/8 notes, so I don't think streams like that will exist. (The hardest technique I can think of jump acceleration streams (please don't ever try it because ppl hated it when I tried), which will not benefit from having a 3/4/5/.... button stream.

Unless someone can come up with a better reason for this feature, I might as well deny this soon.

Edit: No one replied, so I guess I am denying.
Bass
You can add them by doing autoit script for example, but I don't know if it's allowed.
f e a r
I don't see how using 3-4 keys for streaming is gonna help you, just sounds like it'll be more messy tbh.