forum

[Archived] Mouse replays bugging taiko

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
roufou
Problem Details: ok this has been a bug for years now and I thought I'd make a thread about it just to ask if devs know about this. Basically if you play with mouse+keyboard on taiko and for instance fc the song it will show in the replay that you missed a lot. I have a pretty good replay to showcase this bug and while it probably isn't a high priority bug to fix since nobody uses mouse on taiko I think it's something that might want to be fixed.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=22399&m=1 watch suinagi's replay on this map on the Relaxing diff and you'll see him missing a lot cause he used mouse to play the song.

osu! version: 20170731.2 (latest)
Death
Do you have any examples that are newer than 8 years old? Are you able to play a map right now, and have the same issue occur in the replay?

t/21277/start=0 I guess it was reported 8 years ago, but was never resolved. No one has reported it since so I think it resolved itself on newer replays, but replays from 8 years ago still have that issue. Replays for gamemodes other than standard are not the most accurate anyway, and this most likely will not be fixed with Lazer on the way.
Topic Starter
roufou
It will happen if you try it out now, I could make a replay myself with the same problem, it's just hard to find examples without doing it by myself since nobody really plays with mouse on taiko.