forum

[Archived] How to Upload modified beatmap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MrMech
Problem Details:
I have downloaded a beatmap and modified it completely (Its nothing like the original). Now I am trying to submit it but it sais that its not mine.
How can I upload it? What files have to be changed?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170731.2 (latest)
Lyawi
You're not allowed to upload a beatmap which isn't created on your name. Create your own beatmap and move the .osu file from the other creator's set to your song folder. Then, when everything got changed and it's ready, you can upload it.
Stefan
How exactly is the beatmap modified? Did you do new difficulties? Did you edit the existing difficulties to a majory part? Did you use content of an existing difficulty? Do you use any content that requires a contact with the creator?
Topic Starter
MrMech
I have downloaded the map and then I deleted everything from the files of it that was made by the original creator. (except the song but i wanted to use the same) Dont ask me why I didnt just made my own map, idk. When i realized this i was too far ahead already, I just dont have the time to make it again, but thanks for the help!
Venix
You just need to rename song, put it into editor and then copy/paste .osu file with your diff to your mapset folder
Topic Starter
MrMech
Thanks!