forum

[Archived] Having issues with wacom tablet drivers

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Headcrab
Recently I bought the ctl 480 tablet, which i enjoy using so far. Although a lot of people recommend to use olders drivers duo to them having less input lag then the newer ones.

Which leads to my issue with the ctl 480, whenever I install any older driver of sort,it works, but I'm unable to use the Wacom Tablet Properties, and without that I can't choose my tablet area or anything in that area.

If you got any clue of a solution or advice, feel free to help me out
Lacrimosa
Are you sure the driver versions you're installing are compatible with the CTL 480? I would suggest using the 6.3.11-4a driver. I've been using this driver version with no issues for the past few years.
Topic Starter
Headcrab

Nikosbks wrote:

Are you sure the driver versions you're installing are compatible with the CTL 480? I would suggest using the 6.3.11-4a driver. I've been using this driver version with no issues for the past few years.
and you're able to use the wacom tablet properties without any errors of any kind?

also wont there be an issue if I am using windows 10?, those drivers says it's for 7 and 8
Laurakko
the older drivers should work fine with Windows 10, running 6.3.9w5 fine, tablet properties and all work
uninstall the existing driver, restart, install the driver, restart, see if that works
also make sure the driver is supported by the tablet
if you get the error "driver not found", just install it again
Topic Starter
Headcrab

Lassikko wrote:

the older drivers should work fine with Windows 10, running 6.3.9w5 fine, tablet properties and all work
uninstall the existing driver, restart, install the driver, restart, see if that works
also make sure the driver is supported by the tablet
if you get the error "driver not found", just install it again

well I tried that exactly, and it wont let me touch my wacom properties without the error, ontop of that, both of those drivers made my cursor all wonkey and glitchy, like a poor performance tablet somehow?
Lacrimosa
What's the error you get?
Topic Starter
Headcrab

Nikosbks wrote:

What's the error you get?
well it say's "Error the tablet driver was not found"