forum

Vs. Ghost Replay [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
I'm not talking about EBA/Ouendan, where you play multiplayer with your replay.

Say, in song select, you want to vs. a replay to see how you're doing as you go along, or trying to beat someone's score. When you click the replay, there's an option to vs. that replay.

There's two ways I can think of to make this work. There is a small screen on the bottom right that is extremely transparent; you can see it, but you can definitely see any notes behind that screen w/o trouble. That small screen holds the replay you're versing. On the left would be the scoreboard that appears just like in the current multiplayer mode.

The other way is where the "ghost" has a slightly transparent cursor. You will play WITH the replay, in the same screen. The multiplayer scoreboard is present, and the score of the ghost is right below the player's score, slightly transparent. Hitcircles and such are all the same, but the geki/elite beat, etc. will be more transparent on the ghost's side, and will also fly outward from their center point, so it won't be so obscured by the player's geki's, but not so flying that it will distract the player. (WTH is wrong with my grammar today?) For the spinner, just keep the ghost's cursor, but don't have a transparent spinner behind the actual on. That's stupid. ._. Just put some bonus numbers at the bottom right (transparent) when the ghost has cleared the spinner. Also, the combo counter for the ghost is a little to the right from the actual player's counter.

I think this is a great way to try and beat a certain score as a goal, but not so much as to see a score full of top 20's and 30's where you know you'll never beat.
Rolled
mentioned numerous times. It is on peppy's waiting list.
Topic Starter
YoshiKart
Gotcha.
-[Cow]-
yoshikart how did you do the (WTH is wrong with my grammar today?) <need to highlight text
MillhioreF

Please don't do this. (It's called a spoiler tag, by the way)