Rhythm Rookie
3 posts
Problem Details: Osu! started having lag spikes or stutters while playing, really annoying. It has messed up some of my plays which when it lags i miss or something similar. Should i just uninstall reinstall or what should i do?

Ignore the bad gameplay but you should see the lag there, its actually happening like that ingame and sometimes even worse but this was the one i was able to capture.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: https://youtu.be/JDEwoqIp7xw

osu! version: 20170615.1cuttingedge
Rhythm Incarnate
1,601 posts
Try shutting down all programs running in the background.
Rhythm Rookie
3 posts
I mean yeah i can try that but i had all of the stuff open when it wasnt lagging, it just started randomly. Also my pc is pretty decent so i think thats not the problem

CPU: I5 6600k
GPU: GTX 1070
RAM: 8 GB
Rhythm Incarnate
1,601 posts
It could be cause after some sort of an update of a program that you may be running. For example, a while ago, Skype was reported to have been causing this exact behavior, and shutting it down resolved the problem.
Rhythm Rookie
3 posts
So i tried closing all applications but that didnt help and neither i have skype installed so thats not the problem as well, should i just reinstall, because the "repair osu!" thing hasnt helped as well
Cymbal Sounder
44 posts
I got the exact same problem since some days.. it's starting to get annoying. And i've tried literally everything
Tempo Trainee
5 posts
Windows just works like that, you have to deal with it and format your PC from time to time
Rhythm Rookie
3 posts
That happen's to me too :'c
what do i suppose to do.? :cry:
Reply 8 posts