forum

[Archived] Freeze and lag problems

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
animesaki
Problem Details:
So i installed a 10k bitmap pack and just as instructed i just put the contents of the RAR in the songs folder.....guess what took 5h to process all bitmaps and it was strange because my laptop would process like 1-2k songs then get stuck at 1 for 30 min. After it was done i gave OSU a quick restart and was ready to play the maps but everything was mega laggy (not the songs themselves but the bitmap menu). The game would freez and the selected song would loop rapidly for 30-40 sec then stop while scrolling trough the bitmaps. Deleted 3k songs but the problem still persists.
My specs:
GTX 850M,2GB
16GB ram
i7-4710HQ overclocked to 3GHz from 2.5GHz
1TB memory
I can play GTA 5 almost on ultra at constant 60 fps but have lag on OSU? Something is not right here and i really don't know what.Checked my CPU and it was sitting around 60% and my Disc Usage was constantly at 70%. I use Nvidia Shadowplayer to see my fps ingame and it is always showing 240 fps. When it freezes i can't ALT+f4 it (just makes the screen go black and after 20 min it closes) most times ctrl+alt+delete doesn't work so I have to restart my laptop just to close the game.Before installing the maps everything was perfect and working flawlessly.
osu! version: 20170615.1cuttingedge