forum

Cursor Trail effects.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Landwii
I would suggest adding toggleable trail effects when mapping for gameplay experience.
I have multiple ideas:
Trail beats with the song.
The cursor leaves a transparent cursor trail (Copies) behind it that disappear quickly, these should be colored in white.
Small problem: Cursor will have to stop spinning in itself if the skin has an irregular cursor, there are ways around that.
The cursor beats in size and visibility/Hue (Color) to the beat like disco lights.
The Cursor shines like the circles in Kiai.
The cursor negatives the video/Storyboard.
The cursor becomes darker (for slow parts?)
Disables when BG is dim 100% for obvious reasons
Honestly, there are many things that could be done, I remind people that these could be toggled at the mappers will so they will not bother if the mapper feels they are uncomfortable, plus the idea is so basic it could be disabled quickly if a mod indicates and the mapper sees it's fitting.
The player can also disable this effects like they can with the cursor ripples.
This could be added in Lazer in any case so it's made before releasing an editor. :)
O2MasterFX
1. No, distracting
2. Already in game
3. No, similiar feature already in game
4. No, distracting
5. No, distracting
6. No, distracting and botherful for gameplay

And I remember some of these "ideas" were already requested but I'm too lazy to search.
_Meep_
everything seems ultimately unfavourable for the majority of the community,so i dont see a point in adding useless aesthetitcs to the game