forum

Advanced Skin tab

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Llthyn
I know this belongs more in the skinning section , but i guess it still counts as feature request
And i know that some of you guys have already posted this , but...

So i have recently started to take interest in all that skinning deal ,
and i have come to a conclusion while taking a deeper part in this.

When you make a small change in utterly everything - you have to check it by restarting osu
It would be nice for either of these things :

1) when you make changes in the skin folder and while osu! is running - you just have to press F5 not to reload the game for changes to be applied
2) a special skin tab in options , in which you can modify the skin ( colors , approach circles , maybe even fonts , cursor e.t.c )
3) a kind of preview screen/tab where you can see how the colors / things you changed look so far

*I would describe these features a bit more detailed but kinda not finding the words for it...

*The main feature what i actually want to see the most :
4) Similar to #2 but looks something like this : https://prnt.sc/fglk14

*I know there's alot i did not mention , so feel free to comment
*Also , people may say that i'm just lazy to do it old-fashioned way , but i think it's time to change doesn't it ? (with the osu!lazer in mind)
*Also - it would be very covienient to have the skin elements and the final product side by side to see how it looks ingame immediately)
Lyawi
When you change something, you can press ctrl+shift+alt+s in osu! so that the skin refreshes without restarting your client. For modifing colours and other extra things, you can do that in the skin.ini as usual..I think there's no need to have an option for it in the client. I don't know that much to say about the changelog thing, you just could use a .txt for it? >_>
Topic Starter
Llthyn

Lyawi wrote:

When you change something, you can press ctrl+shift+alt+s in osu! so that the skin refreshes without restarting your client. For modifing colours and other extra things, you can do that in the skin.ini as usual..I think there's no need to have an option for it in the client. I don't know that much to say about the changelog thing, you just could use a .txt for it? >_>
Ah , didn't know that.
But still , the main thing i did want to see :
That tab for creating skin and testing it at the very moment.
I understand that's quite unrealistic demand , and for it to be even put in the client , but in that case - is there an app / something that works the same way i've imagined ?