forum

[Archived] Game keeps freezing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KuroiKiri
For some odd reason my osu keeps freezing randomly. It's not a long freeze or anything just freezes for like half a second, drops 20fps, then goes completely back to normal at random which at first wasn't too much of a problem but now it's beginning to become irritating. It happens anywhere as well so it's not confined to during a song only is what i've noticed after more observation. I don't think my specs have to do with it but I'll put em here just in case.

Graphics card: GeForce GTX 970

Processor: Intel i5-6600K 3.5GHz

Ram: 16 Gigs

I looked around the forums prior but there are so many similar cases that I don't even know where to begin. If theres more information needed just ask I'm more than glad to provide any info that can help. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Things I've tried since this post:

Closing background processes

Compatibility mode

Restarting the PC

Switching to Stable Fallback

Reinstalling Osu
Lacrimosa

Help Center wrote:

Check if another background process is monopolizing your system for brief moments. This could be caused by other games, web browsers, or server apps (including file sharing/torrents). Close all other background programs and tray icons and see if the problem persists.
Topic Starter
KuroiKiri
I've closed everything that I'm sure I can close but it hasn't seemed to fix it. There are other processes running but i'm unsure as to what they do so I haven't messed with anything that I don't know the purpose of.
Calslock
Can you post screenshots of all services and processes in Task Manager during osu! turned on? I'd be glad, If you'll click to order them alphabetically.
Topic Starter
KuroiKiri
Lacrimosa
Try killing Steam, Battlenet and the Razer apps.
Topic Starter
KuroiKiri
Just tried those. None have seemed to work, the issue persists.
Topic Starter
KuroiKiri
Bump
Stanvord
Have you tried using compatibility mode? It helped with my crappy laptop
Topic Starter
KuroiKiri
Thanks for the reply, just tried that and it doesn't seem to be the fix unfortunately.
Lacrimosa
Tried restarting your PC, by any chance?

Also, try disabling any anti-virus or other security programs that might be running, as well as checking if your graphic drivers need an update.
Topic Starter
KuroiKiri
I've tried restarting my pc as well as just not using it for a day but that didn't help. I just updated my graphics drivers and the problem still seems to be happening. I have no security programs or anti-virus to disable so there wasn't much to do with that.
Lacrimosa
Even though it's not really suggested, try switching to Stable fallback and see if it's any better.
Topic Starter
KuroiKiri
It seems to have spiked even worse on the fallback version instead of losing only 10 frames after freezing I lost 40. (capped at 120)
Topic Starter
KuroiKiri
bump
Topic Starter
KuroiKiri
bump
Topic Starter
KuroiKiri
still looking for help on this
Topic Starter
KuroiKiri
Just reinstalled osu and the problem still happens.
Venix
Please, try to keep your things in one post.
Topic Starter
KuroiKiri
My bad I'll just put everything I find or try on the original post. I'm just really hoping for help because this had been going on for a while now and despite trying to just ignore it, it actually does interfere with play.
show more