forum

Questions

posted
Total Posts

Does putting a question mark after any kind of sentence make it a question?

Yes
50.00%
No
50.00%
Total votes: 6
Topic Starter
Stanvord
:?:
Blitzfrog
No? I don't think so?
johnmedina999
levesterz
okay?
apple is good?
why is earth round.
i am gay?
Blitzfrog

levesterz wrote:

okay?
Knock Out

levesterz wrote:

apple is good??
Windows is better

levesterz wrote:

why is earth round.

Because gravity drops off at the same rate in all directions. This means it has spherical symmetry. Gravity exerts equally in all 3 dimensions.
This dimensional symmetry is also shared by another effect.

The earth is pretty much a sphere. Imagine standing at a point on earth. Now you're standing on a box of earth rock thing, which is on another box of earth rock thing, which is on another box of earth rock thing...etc. Till you get to the centre of the earth. This tower of blocks like Jenga, goes from the surface of Earth, all the way down to the centre of Earth. Each block supporting the 1 on top of it. For example, the 2000th block from the surface needs push up with a pressure required to support 1999 amount of blocks above it. Similarly, the 2001th block needs to support the 2000 blocks above it...so on. Each one increasing in pressure. The downward force is resisted because each of those little box becomes extremely hard to compress after a certain point.

Imagine the earth made completely of these tiny boxes.

So like

Now note that pressure acts a like gravity in the way that it exerts a force symmetrically in all 3 dimensions. Except pushing instead of pulling equally in all directions. This means that for any given box, the pressure exerted by the boxes above it is spread equally in all directions, pushing sideways against it's neighbours. For a sphere, this is algs / ok, because the pressure it receives is the same as the pressure it's neighbour receives. For example, a box with 2000 boxes on top of it, will have neighbours who have 2000 boxes on top of it as well. This means they both exert the same amount of pressure on each other, cancelling out the sideway force.
This however, is not the case with a non-spherical planet. Although the up down force will cancel out, the side to side force won't. This is because a box in such a shaped planet, does not necessarily have neighbours who are exerting the same amount of pressure. Think of a more flattened version of the earth, with a wider equator. The boxes that are closer to the equator will be deeper from the surface than the boxes that are closer to the poles. The boxes that are closer to the equator have more boxes on them, which means more pressure to distribute than the ones that are closer to the poles. This means a net sideways push, causing the boxes to shift to the poles unless an external force resist this change.

levesterz wrote:

i am gay?
Yes, and I am lesbian. We're the perfect match.
kai99
oh blitz x lev i'll request in shipping thread later
levesterz
♪ than kyu blitzfurochan~~~~~~♪
Blitzfrog
>i immediately regret my decision
Comfy Slippers
hi. me spanish not good so,, but i tri.
sryy 4 bed french
Luqanted
is this a question?
Tae