forum

Add some sort of "Improvement" Mod

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +8
Topic Starter
Luminosity
The title doesn't make much sense, but lemme elaborate/explain:

• It'll be a mod similar to SD and PF (no score multiplier)
    [list:1337]-You fail after a certain "threshold" is met
It would be applied in a fashion similar to the custom key mod thingy (1K-9K) for osu!mania (repeated clicks changes value)
  • -Clicking the mod repeatedly would change the restriction before you fail

Basically, there'll be several options like:
  • Improve Combo [abbreviated as IC]
    [list:1337]-You fail if it becomes impossible to improve your max combo (e.g. if your max combo on a 1000-max-combo map is 550, you will fail as soon as there aren't enough objects/notes for you to get a combo of at least 551)
Improve Accuracy [IA]
  • -You fail as soon as it becomes impossible to achieve a higher accuracy than you already have. (e.g. if your accuracy is 98.5%, you'll fail if you can't above that anymore)
Improve Timing Accuracy [xT or xA]
  • -You fail if you get x misses, 100s, or 50s; there'll be several values of x, maybe 2, 3, 5, and 10.

Sorry if that doesn't make much sense, but I feel like it would be an incredibly useful mod. Some players (including myself) are all about improvement, and this mod would be geared towards people like them. :)
Sandy Hoey
Similar in accuracy and timing aspects: t/141061
Gravelight
I need this mod in my life. +SP
Swerro
It's a nice idea for a mod, but I can't really see the connection between improvement and a mod that actually let's you fail. If you ask most people: "How do I improve?", the usual answer is something like: "play more, play long maps, don't retry". Especially the 'don't retry' is a common fundament/standard for improvement. This mod however let's you fail after a certain pointin the map, just like PF and SD, which would go completely against the whole improvement strategy.

I like the mod idea, but 'Improvement' is definitely not the correct way to name it.

Edit: Also yes,
Similar in accuracy and timing aspects: t/141061
I'd recommend to post your additional ideas on the mod on that feature request instead of making this new one.