forum

IOSYS - Vampire Kiss (Cut ver.) [Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Montag, 4. März 2024 at 23:23:02

Artist: IOSYS
Title: Vampire Kiss (Cut ver.)
Source: 東方紅魔郷 ~ the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil.
Tags: touhou 東方Project Remilia scarlet Septette for the Dead Princess 亡き王女の為のセプテット Short Version
BPM: 190
Filesize: 3754kb
Play Time: 01:30
Difficulties Available:
  1. Futsuu (2,43 stars, 199 notes)
  2. Inner Oni (4,34 stars, 454 notes)
  3. Kantan (1,56 stars, 136 notes)
  4. Muzukashii (3,21 stars, 323 notes)
  5. Oni (3,21 stars, 328 notes)
Download: IOSYS - Vampire Kiss (Cut ver.)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Yes! Remilia's theme! Taiko set?
Wow! I managed to make a Taiko set! Maybe we can try to go for rank?

2017 Beatmap.
Chromoxx

placeholder
[General]
Volume changes could be made a bit better to differentiate between more and less intense sections and to add some extra emphasis, although here it isn't as important since the song stays pretty intense throughout

To be honest i would suggest making the current oni a bit denser in some parts, renaming to Inner Oni and adding another easier Oni diff, since the streams at 01:12:572 - 01:17:625 - etc. are very hard to read for newer oni players who play around 4-5* diffs mainly. Also atm there's a bit of a spread problem with the Muzu considering what i just mentioned and the fact that the muzu isn't particularly hard either.

[Oni]
00:18:256 - you could change this to D since it's a lot deeper than the last sound and it would add better emphasis
00:18:256 - i feel like this section is very intense and therefore could use a few 1/4 patterns
00:32:151 - when compared to the rest of the 1/2 patterns in this section this one is a bit too long imo, you could cut it at a place like 00:34:677 - similarly to what you did at 00:38:467 - for interesting emphasis on the vocals or at another place you see fit
00:39:730 - you're missing a pretty distinct crash here, maybe add a D?

rythm in total is pretty sophisticated and i quite like the diff.
the use of ddK is somewhat questionable to me, but also justifiable so i won't really say anything against this.

[Muzukashii]
00:18:256 - change to D since the strong sound here is pretty low and to add more emphasis, seeing as most of the notes aroun this are k
00:18:572 - the part starting from here is a bit too heavy in ks imo, the music isn't repeating sounds of the same pitch so it shouldn't really be mapped this way imo, you could make it a bit more varied to emphasize the melody better
00:39:888 - the rythm used here is kinda repetitive again, since it's basically repeating only kdk dkd patterns and the vocals offer a more varied rythm to this so i think you could make this section a bit more variable
00:59:941 - having a 1.5xSV section in the muzu is a bit overdone imo, maybe lower it to 1.3 or something so players will still feel the difference without being as strained
01:10:046 - first half of the kiai is again focusing a bit too much on dkdkd for my liking, maybe try to make it a bit more varied

[Futsuu]
00:18:256 - again, you could change this to d and the same thing about the excessive k usage as i said in the muzu
00:39:888 - again, maybe the k usage is a bit excessive here too, but in this part it at least fits a bit better than in the last one i mentioned imo
01:20:151 - this part is a bit too dense with the 5plets, considering the muzu is only adding a few triplets and a 1/1 break less in these sections compared to the futsuu, although tbh this is still technically alright so i'll just leave this here for you to think it over again and decide whether u wanna keep it or not ^^

[Kantan]
the difficulty seems a bit too hard in general, especially when considering spread with the futsuu so i'll leave the suggestions here tailored more toward nerfing it a bit

00:18:256 - you could change this note to D again and the same thing i said about the monotonous k usage earlier, but here the problem is more spread-wise. Density wise this part is going really ham for a kantan while all the other diffs stay really calm compared to the rest of the map so i would suggest nerfing the density a bit
00:29:625 - although the use of 1/2 notes in the kantan isn't unrankable or anything it isn't really reccomended either and i see other ways to map this part that don't include the use of 1/2 so i would suggest finding something else here. That being said, the ammound of breaks kind of make up for it so i would also be fine with you keeping them tbh.
00:39:730 - the ammount of 1/1 patterns used in this part is a bit too high, also the length of stuff like 00:43:519 - is too much, in the futsuu the hardest pattern you use is a 1/2 ddddd 5plet in the most intense part of the kiai while here you are using 7plets and rowing one 1/1 pattern after another in a pre-kiai part
01:10:046 - for the kiai you kinda have the difficulty swapped with what you have in the futsuu, the futsuu having the second part as the hardest, the kantan having the first part as the hardest, but this is understandable since mapping out the drums in the second part would be pretty hard to pull off in a reasonable way for the kantan and the vocals in the first part are very intense :D
01:24:888 - i'd suggest deleting this to avoid complicated patterns and add emphasis on 01:25:204 -

that's it... good luck and take my star :D
OzzyOzrock
[Oni]
  1. 01:17:625 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,1) - k.
Call me back
Raiden
placeholder
Yuzeyun
:MumaThinking: Ironically placeholdering for an ironic mod of a song with such an ironic title

if it's jiro mapping you get out of here or I call the stream police
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
Did I just... oh my god, I got placeholdered by three people

Edit:

Chromoxx wrote:

SPOILER

placeholder
[General]

Ah, guess I will check the whole spread one more time according to what you suggested.

[Oni]
00:18:256 - you could change this to D since it's a lot deeper than the last sound and it would add better emphasis Hm. I guess that's possible. However, since I mapped to the triangle / bell sound in the background through the whole set (e.g. 01:22:677 (1) - where I tried to compensate the lose of finisehr) I would rather like to keep it.
00:18:256 - i feel like this section is very intense and therefore could use a few 1/4 patterns Will definitelly try it. But need to see how it would go with my idea. Might be just me, but I thought 1/2 would emphasize the guitar quite fine since I felt like mapping to those gives the real impact.
00:32:151 - when compared to the rest of the 1/2 patterns in this section this one is a bit too long imo, you could cut it at a place like 00:34:677 - similarly to what you did at 00:38:467 - for interesting emphasis on the vocals or at another place you see fit That's actually something I have to think about as well since I intentionally put at every new stanza two dons according to the guitar which gives the whole section, that follows also the vocals, a good structure. However, maybe 00:38:467 makes it a bit weird, so I will check that out once again.
00:39:730 - you're missing a pretty distinct crash here, maybe add a D? I'm not sure if you can agree with this, but the reason I left it out is basically to have a fine connection to vocals and beats at the same time; so I left out that note since the vocal stopped, but mapped in the upcoming part all drum related sounds with the finishers as emphasization for the vocals. I think left-outs, depending on the mapping, can have an impact as well. But might be just me.

rythm in total is pretty sophisticated and i quite like the diff.
the use of ddK is somewhat questionable to me, but also justifiable so i won't really say anything against this. I'm quite glad to read that!

[Muzukashii]
00:18:572 - the part starting from here is a bit too heavy in ks imo, the music isn't repeating sounds of the same pitch so it shouldn't really be mapped this way imo, you could make it a bit more varied to emphasize the melody better While I had it with more varity before, I will try to change or add some notes to don. Spread-wise maybe a little higher to Oni atm.
00:39:888 - the rythm used here is kinda repetitive again, since it's basically repeating only kdk dkd patterns and the vocals offer a more varied rythm to this so i think you could make this section a bit more variable Will see what I can do here!
00:59:941 - having a 1.5xSV section in the muzu is a bit overdone imo, maybe lower it to 1.3 or something so players will still feel the difference without being as strained Ah, you are right. I totally forgot to change it!
01:10:046 - first half of the kiai is again focusing a bit too much on dkdkd for my liking, maybe try to make it a bit more varied Yeah, I will check that out. You know, needs some time for me to figure patterns out.

[Futsuu]
00:39:888 - again, maybe the k usage is a bit excessive here too, but in this part it at least fits a bit better than in the last one i mentioned imo
01:20:151 - this part is a bit too dense with the 5plets, considering the muzu is only adding a few triplets and a 1/1 break less in these sections compared to the futsuu, although tbh this is still technically alright so i'll just leave this here for you to think it over again and decide whether u wanna keep it or not ^^ For a moment I thought the same when I made it, though the pattern is quite basic compared to 01:10:046 (1,1,1,1,2,1,1,1,2,1,1) -
for example and shouldn't be a problem at all. Guess you could argue about the continues pattern because of the the note at 01:24:888 but since it fits very well (or technically as you said) to the music and imo fits well to the spread, I think it shouldn't be a problem.

[Kantan]
the difficulty seems a bit too hard in general, especially when considering spread with the futsuu so i'll leave the suggestions here tailored more toward nerfing it a bit Guess I will have to check it more in depth as well.

00:18:256 - you could change this note to D again and the same thing i said about the monotonous k usage earlier, but here the problem is more spread-wise. Density wise this part is going really ham for a kantan while all the other diffs stay really calm compared to the rest of the map so i would suggest nerfing the density a bit Currently I can't agree with this. Maybe it's because I have become more lenient when it's about the difficulty of a Kantan? However, patterns are very basic and song is on-going anyway. Well, maybe I can try to make it a bit easier again, but it felt a bit too blank last time.
00:29:625 - although the use of 1/2 notes in the kantan isn't unrankable or anything it isn't really reccomended either and i see other ways to map this part that don't include the use of 1/2 so i would suggest finding something else here. That being said, the ammound of breaks kind of make up for it so i would also be fine with you keeping them tbh.
00:39:730 - the ammount of 1/1 patterns used in this part is a bit too high, also the length of stuff like 00:43:519 - is too much, in the futsuu the hardest pattern you use is a 1/2 ddddd 5plet in the most intense part of the kiai while here you are using 7plets and rowing one 1/1 pattern after another in a pre-kiai part Uff, thats a though one. Guess I will check that. I didn't feel like it is very demanding, but I guess I can ask around and see what others say or think could replace this.
01:10:046 - for the kiai you kinda have the difficulty swapped with what you have in the futsuu, the futsuu having the second part as the hardest, the kantan having the first part as the hardest, but this is understandable since mapping out the drums in the second part would be pretty hard to pull off in a reasonable way for the kantan and the vocals in the first part are very intense :D
01:24:888 - i'd suggest deleting this to avoid complicated patterns and add emphasis on 01:25:204 - Let's decline for now as I tried to make it vary at least a bit. But I will change this if more people are going to point it out. It's not that of a big change at all.

that's it... good luck and take my star :D
I'm not sure, but could it be that I checked one of your mods for the first time? Even if not, that one was solid. You noticed some of my intentions and modded accordingly to this, that made it very pleasing to read and gave me either affirmation for my thoughts about certain concerns or thoughts I had. The purple answers should show that quite well. Thank you!
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.