forum

[Archived] How to I block someone forever

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
iniminiminimo
I've been dealing with some harassment from another player for a few weeks now and they keep making fun of my scores and the beat maps I play. I want to know if there is a way I can block them from my profile like as if I don't exist to them. Please do let me know if there is a way or if there isn't.
Thanks!
o x
Unfortunately there is not a way to do this. Your profile will always be able to be viewed unless banned or redistricted. If players are harassing you, you can always report them in game by typing !report <user> <reason> or you can click on the report user button under their profile
Pawsu
You can ignore them by going to options in the client and searching "ignore". This will ignore all PMs sent to you from that person.
If you this is continuous, you can try to report the user by going to their profile and hovering over their profile picture. A "report user" button will pop up on the bottom. You can always use the command in game too as said above.
Rin_Chan_old_1
You can click on their name and click "Ignore User".
If they send you private message, go to Option>IN-GAME CHAT>Block Private Messages From Non-Friends.
Thanks ;)
Pawsu

Rin_Chan wrote:

You can click on their name and click "Ignore User".
If they send you private message, go to Option>IN-GAME CHAT>Block Private Messages From Non-Friends.
Thanks ;)
If you ignore them that way, it will reset upon restart. Please use my my method to permanately ignore them. Also, ignoring them will make it so you won't receive messages, so you don't need to ignore messages from non friends...
Dtrickster
Are these really solutions?
the dev team should work on a proper block system
Death

Dtrickster wrote:

Are these really solutions?
the dev team should work on a proper block system

They have. Improved blocking functionality has been added to the website and web chat. The web chat is the same chat system that osu!lazer uses, and at some point in the future it will become the primary in-game chat that everyone uses.

The current "chat ignore list" in the options menu works pretty well though. Adding someone's name to that list will prevent you from pretty much ever seeing their name in game.