forum

Aspire 2017 Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
-GN
i just tried [Tranquil Chipmunk] and got an ending autofail, so i think it should have been disqualified. or does it work fine under certain circumstances?
fastmarkus
Few good entries, it turned out better than I expected from the contest.

It will probably be between Somber Isis and Versatile Mallard, though. They're fantastic in their own way!
GenoClysm
Played all of them, Tranquil Chipmunk, Versatile Mallard and Ferocious seal were my favorites.
AnceriI Sacred
Somber Ibis is my religion
AnceriI Sacred

fastmarkus wrote:

Few good entries, it turned out better than I expected from the contest.

It will probably be between Somber Isis and Versatile Mallard, though. They're fantastic in their own way!
i agree, too much was just generic samey BS
and when the song drops like a frickin meteor they just either slow down to a crawl or dont even care anymore and do the most uncreative thing ever and go "DEATHSTREAMS R HURD TO PLEY AND SUPR AWESOME HURR DURR"
7ambda
I liked Tranquil Chipmunk since it kept structure in mind, unlike some of the other entries. There were a couple of sections that looked bland, but structurally, it looked nice. Also nice stop-sv sliders.

Versatile Malard had some cool ideas like 04:29:525 (1,1,1,1,1,1) and 02:20:296 (1,1,1,1,1).

The hitsounding in Uncouth Constrictor was way too overdone, and became unnecessarily distracting starting at 01:04:000 (1), especially in the kiais where the hitsounds completely lost relevance and didn't feel connected with the song.

Somber Ibis is an obvious win.
alice soft
Astonished Cormorant ends earlier when played in a multiplayer room, lol'd.

Good job to all the mappers who have participated.
Renumi

F1r3tar wrote:

Somber Ibis is an obvious win.

AnceriI Sacred wrote:

me pretty much,,,,
i did like the idea behind bold tiger's map however! :>
KingBranBran
I played all of them, and i came to these three: Tranquil Chipmunk, Versatile Millard, and Courageous Badger.
Kibbleru

AnceriI Sacred wrote:

Qiryu
Can't wait to play these three maps in a year lol :D
pingal1ty
Bold Tiger around 3:30 min rocks
lcfc

AnceriI Sacred wrote:

revurii

AnceriI Sacred wrote:

heyronii

-GN wrote:

i just tried [Tranquil Chipmunk] and got an ending autofail, so i think it should have been disqualified. or does it work fine under certain circumstances?
I was wondering about this one as well.

Someone in multiplayer passed "the end" though. https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7551792
Pachiru
I think that for the next time, it would probably good to add a rule that say that the map should be passed by the bot and with a decent difficulty o:
7ambda

-GN wrote:

Considering only Auto has to pass it, then it technically isn't grounds for disqualification.
sabergod
Has anyone else autofailed on Ferocious seal?
Pandano
In terms of actually FCing a map, only a few out of 12 have done it.

[Somber Ibis] and [Forlorn Thrasher] are both fun to play and look pretty appealing to the eyes :3

Some other seem like spamming sliders and partly ignore the rhythm, imo. So I think the above 2 maps are my current favs. :oops:
show more