forum

[Archived] Startup Problems

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Maeko Kun
Problem Details:

After osu being retarded(my cursor flying from the right corner in menu, in-game and song select(have a 15% replay on Airman)) it ended up crashing my entire windows 7. After the game stopped working and forced me to restart my computer my windows logo was on the bottom left corner and when it loaded up to the desktop you could see the right side of the screen being pixelated and the other one deformed. After restarting my pc 3 times my windows 7 crashed. Here i am 6 days later after buying a new windows 10 key, took me 3 hours to download all the drivers and shit that i need, so its time to download osu, the only game my temporary pc can run (GT 7025 + AMD Athlon), it started to frustrate me after the installation was restarting 70,000 times. But Finally after it installed ( about 50 minutes ), I saw the osu logo on my desktop for about 5 seconds and then no sound or anything + No Signal sign on the monitor. Restarted my pc and guess what, my windows 10 start up logo was in the left side of the screen and it took me 5 restarts to get it working... pls

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/264vvr3nz ... 281%29.osr

Don't have any other helpful evidence, the logs are no use.

osu! version: 20170222.3 (latest)

Plz help and I hope you can see how frustrating it is for me.
o x
Is this only happening with osu? It seems like really odd behaviour and I am not convinced that osu! is the problem. Can you post your PC specs here please? Also try turning on compatibility mode in osu! Hold shift while launching osu! and a small window will pop up, there should be a box that says Compatibility Mode. Turn that on and launch osu!
Topic Starter
Maeko Kun
Launching in compatibility mode didnt work, didnt even see the window.

GPU: GT 7025 / nForce 630 ( I have a Radeon 6790 but it requires 12 pins to power it and my psu only has 6+2 )
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 840
PSU: 500W
Mobo: M4N68T-M LE V2
RAM: 2GB

Ik it's a shitty pc but it's only for a short while ;p

@Cawub
o x
I don't recommend this ever, but try running osu! in fallback. Please backup all your files before doing this as it is only used for systems that can't run osu! on any other builds. Do the same process as last time, hold shift while launching osu! or launch osu!Repair.exe in the osu! folder. Then change the release stream to Stable (Fallback)
Topic Starter
Maeko Kun
Nope, Didn't get any window it just went straight to the no signal sign on the monitor
I have bought a Molex to pci-e connector so I think that i will be able to plug in my radeon 3790 which requires 12 pins ( my psu only has 6+2. )
So ty for trying to help :p