forum

OT 2017 Q1

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
abraker
Time to recap what went on first quarter on OT. The year started of with some slightly interesting content as the usual shit. Fanclub threads were phased out by late December as everybody who could have a fanclub at that time got a fanclub. We also ran out of OT regulars for fanclub supply, so there is that. I launched an initiative to bring back quality back to OT by making the "OT bingo", "How would you make OT great again", and "The mods must be asleep" threads. This initiative also included reposting older threads, but results from that are still inconclusive. For the remaining of the year OT was bombarded with shit, except the annual holiday threads. Around this time roshan was running on fumes and had little more shitposting power to spare.

I started the year with a meta approach, the thread "THE THREAD BELOW THIS THREAD IS SHIT!!!" which declined in growth rather rapidly. All other threads at this time were shit. It did not help that roshan's replacement, Blitzfrog, conveniently appeared around this time to propagate the disarray. Shortly after the last great thread, "The Magic Triggering Club" had fallen, leaving with just "ITT 2: We post shit that is neither funny nor interesting" to culture OT once again. My next approach was the click bait approach, with the thread, "No new posts Loctav and Zallius argue over Monstrata's map on discord". That was a massive failure and almost put me in a situation where a had to take out shitpost loans. OT felt the effects of this as the junk named "helpimdying" wrecked havoc.

My approach then shifted to forum culture starting with the thread "New OT era? Shitposting downfall? ". While that was a moderate success, it wasn't enough to make OT shine in glory. Something stronger was needed to be put in place. "List of mapping drama" was the most successful thread OT has seen in months and made it shine (albeit from one spot only) like never before. Suddenly OT has shifted focus towards more meta content and started praising Lord Lockthread Stefan possibly due to a delayed response of my meta approach.

As of late, the meta content is starting to be saturated. This has tipped today as Stefan has released a statement regarding the recent status of OT. If things continue at the rate they are, OT will started having meta shitposts about meta... recursively. I look forward to this trend breaking at the start of next month when OT Bingo 2 makes way in.

This has been abraker with the slightly biased quarterly OT report.
lol
ot is not special its just like every other anonymous community on the internet with weebs

edit; and cancer heads like blitz
Blitzfrog

abraker wrote:

All other threads at this time were shit. It did not help that roshan's replacement, Blitzfrog, conveniently appeared around this time to propagate the disarray.

But I appeared around October last year :((

lol wrote:

ot is not special its just like every other anonymous community on the internet with weebs

edit; and cancer heads like blitzlol
lol
johnmedina999
You forgot the fact that you posted "ye olde OT" around 10 more times.
clover
rip kurt cobain