forum

[Archived] Constant lag after updating game to 20170193.2 build

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TheNarwhalOtaku
Problem Details:
Before I was playing the game at a constant framerate of 120fps until after I downloaded the next build, when the game started to open up a popup came up saying some similar as to saying "Beatmap records unfound, retrieving scores from scratch (this may take a while). I never thought much of it and when I opened up the game I suffered from only 5 fps making the game near unplayable and to add on it had audio and input lag. I reduced all of the quality changes and even changed the renderer (which made it worse but I fixed that by just rechanging in the shift+click to open up the input) though doing all of that it only raised my fps up to 10 which still was unplayable. I don't know what to do and I've updated my intel graphics driver. Can someone at least help me on how to get the game to at least a constant framerate or at least make the game playable?
Also to edit this post it says in the corner "osu! 2007-2015" instead of 2017 but I don't know if that was an error by the developers.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170103.2 (latest)
Kao
Maybe you should wait for a while as osu! Is probably reading from your disk (specifically the /Data/r folder) and trying to rebuild your score.db
This in turn would make the game lag, as high write/read operations generally gives less space for osu! To read the data of the songs and therefore, cause lag.
Just wait for a while before playing
Pawsu

TheNarwhalOtaku wrote:

Also to edit this post it says in the corner "osu! 2007-2015" instead of 2017 but I don't know if that was an error by the developers.
This means you're on Fallback - the severely outdated client...Are you sure you've updated to the latest? You can check what version you're running by going to Options. It should be the first-ish option.