forum

[Archived] Osu Runtime Error

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ely-kun
Problem Details:
Hey everyone, I'm Ely and I have a problem.

I haven't played this game for months and when I came back I had this problem. If I start up the game, it crashes and says that it is a Runtime Error.
So what I did was a logical thing. I have repaired Osu! but the same problem still occurred. And what I did next is to reset the settings and run the repair tool again but still, the same error. I might know what causes this since I had to change some settings to record my gameplay with OBS and such so that is the reason why I had resetted my settings.

I hope that anyone could help, I really appreciate it. Have a nice day c:

Ely

Note: I couldn't copy paste my screen shot for some reason in this post. I don't know why but I'll try if I can figure it out. Until then, thanks again.
Nitrous

Ely-kun wrote:

Problem Details:
Hey everyone, I'm Ely and I have a problem.

I haven't played this game for months and when I came back I had this problem. If I start up the game, it crashes and says that it is a Runtime Error.
So what I did was a logical thing. I have repaired Osu! but the same problem still occurred. And what I did next is to reset the settings and run the repair tool again but still, the same error. I might know what causes this since I had to change some settings to record my gameplay with OBS and such so that is the reason why I had resetted my settings.

I hope that anyone could help, I really appreciate it. Have a nice day c:

Ely

Note: I couldn't copy paste my screen shot for some reason in this post. I don't know why but I'll try if I can figure it out. Until then, thanks again.
You should upload your screenshot to a hosting site. Also, would mind checking your runtime logs too. That could help us.
Kao
Try running the game in compatibility mode
Method 1: Launch Repair Dialog
  1. Hold down the Shift key on your keyboard.
  2. While holding Shift, double click the osu! icon on your desktop.
  3. Continue holding Shift until you see the recovery dialog prompt.
  4. From there, under Renderer, check "Compatibility mode"