forum

[Archived] Osu! cursor behaving strange (Win10)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Movento
Problem: Cursor recently started behaving differently. My cursor recently started feeling strange as if there's some acceleration going on which didn't exist before. The cursor also feels like it gets off-centered.

Setup:

OSU! SETTINGS:

- Release stream: Stable (latest)

RENDERER
- Frame limiter: Unlimited (gameplay)
- Show FPS counter: On
- Compatibility mode: Off
- Reduce dropped frames: Off
- Detect performance issues Off

LAYOUT
- Resolution: 1600x1024
- Fullscreen mode: On
- Letterboxing: On
- Horizontal positioning: 0%
- Vertical positioning: -73%

DETAIL SETTINGS
- All detail settings are turned off

MOUSE
- Sensitivity: 3,95x
- Raw input: On
- Map absolute raw input to the osu! window: On
- Confine mouse cursor: Always
- Disable mouse wheel in play mode: On
- Disable mouse buttons in play mode: On
- Cursor ripples: Off

TABLET:

- Wacom Bamboo CTH 670
- Current drivers: 5.3.5-3
- Tablet area and proportions:

PC SPECS:

- Windows 10 (64-Bit)
- Motherboard: Asus Z87-Pro
- Processor: Intel i7-4770k
- Graphics card: Asus DirectCU II GTX 780
- Storage: RAID 0 2x 128Gb Samsung SSD's (OSU! is running on these SSD's) + 1TB Seagate Barracuda
- Monitor: 60Hz 1080p 1ms response time

WINDOWS MOUSE & PEN SETTINGS:
(sorry for not translating these screens like I did with the wacom one)

VIDEO SHOWING THE ISSUE (almost impossible to see when you're not the one playing, but enabling V-Sync could maybe replicate it for others since this made it worse for me)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G_wgEd ... e=youtu.be

THINGS I TRIED TO DO TO FIX THE PROBLEM MYSELF (AND DIDN'T WORK)

- Used the MarkC Windows acceleration fix
- Switched to different resolutions
- Disabled fullscreen & disabled letterboxing
- Enabled V-Sync (only made the problem worse)
- FPS Limiter set to 120 and 240
- Disabled raw input and scaled down my tablet area and proportions
- Disabled Map absolute raw input to the osu! window
- Enabled OS TabletPC support
- Enabled Compatibility mode, reduce dropped frames and detect performance issues
- Switched up skins
- Changed cursor size
- Tried confine mouse cursor on only when full screen and never
- Tried 3 different versions of wacom drivers (5.3.2-1 / 5.3.3-2 / current one: 5.3.5-3)
- Tried release streams cutting edge (experimental) and stable (fallback)
- Turned on forced proportions in wacom settings
- Uninstalled NVidia GeForce Experience
- Reverted graphics card drivers
Did a fresh Windows 10 install, problem still exists

I hope I gave enough information for someone to look into this issue.

Thanks in advance
-Movento

osu! version: 20160403.6
RvNovae
Maybe give the other release streams a try as well.
Also enabling force proportions in the tablet area settings might be a good idea (at least for me).
Topic Starter
Movento
Already tried doing those things but they didn't work :/ (edited the post srry for not putting the list of things I already tried)
RvNovae
Alrighty.
Do you maybe have any external programs running that could possibly affect the cursor movement?
Topic Starter
Movento
I have my SteelSeries Engine 3 running for my Steelseries Rival 300 mouse. Already tried playing without it running in the background but it didn't change anything.

+ I tried using my mouse to play the game and the cursor acts the same way as it does when I play with my tablet
RvNovae

[Movento] wrote:

I have my SteelSeries Engine 3 running for my Steelseries Rival 300 mouse. Already tried playing without it running in the background but it didn't change anything.
+ I tried using my mouse to play the game and the cursor acts the same way as it does when I play with my tablet

Have you made sure windows is up to date?
Have you tried running osu without frame cap?
Have you tried different usb ports? (I know this one is quite unlikely since it doesn't work for your mouse either).
How about setting the vertical positioning to 0%?
I'd also give installing a different OS a try (like win7 or win8) to troubleshoot whether it's windows 10's fault.
Topic Starter
Movento
I've done all the things you listed, and did a fresh install of windows 10 yesterday.
Installing a different OS isn't really an option for me atm and I should be able to fix it since the problem never occured before.
I've been using windows 10 since it's release and haven't had any issues with it so this cursor thing is really weird.
RvNovae

[Movento] wrote:

I've done all the things you listed, and did a fresh install of windows 10 yesterday.
Installing a different OS isn't really an option for me atm and I should be able to fix it since the problem never occured before.
I've been using windows 10 since it's release and haven't had any issues with it so this cursor thing is really weird.

Try resetting all of your osu! settings (by moving the osu!.<pcname>.cfg file out of your osu! folder (while osu is closed), there isn't too much more I can think of really other than maybe checking / resetting your screen settings (directly using the physical buttons on your monitor).
Topic Starter
Movento
I'm pretty sure it's a windows/hardware issue. Even when browsing the internet my cursor seems to be acting strangely. I'll keep on looking into the issue and will post the solution (if I find one) thanks for the help anyways.
Kao
If that's the case, check your Task Manager and make sure you aren't running out of RAM.
You can check "Show all processes" and sort it by descending order of memory used
AgonyReaper
I tried switching "restrict cursor movement in fullscreeen" to never and it worked for me I hope that helps... :?