forum

Smallest Flashlight Setting sub-mod

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Luna
I'd really like an option to change the behaviour of the Flashlight mod.
Currently, the field of vision decreases as the combo count rises, with the smalles field of vision being used for 200+ combos.
What I'd like to see is a "submod" that *always* uses the 200-combo flashlight settings. Something like "Hold Shift while selecting the FL mod to select the smallest FL settings".
It should keep exactly the same score multiplier as regular FL, just never reset in size.
Why would I want this? Well, it would make practicing FL much more comfortable and less tedious. The way it is now, if you make even one tiny mistake with 200-FL, it resets to the huge flashlight radius that is used at the start of the map. This means that it is incredibly hard to efficiently practice parts towards the middle/end of the map with FL. Reading those parts with a big vision radius is no problem at all but once you reach it with 200-FL, it gets hard.
Let's say I reach a point that I have never played with 200-FL for the first time. Since I'm not a FL-god like Bikko or Lybydose and suck at reading followpoints, I'll naturally combobreak. Next time I reach this part, I combobreak again, only slightly later because I have never seen that part with 200-FL either. This way I learn the map by intervals of maybe 5-10 combo each play - assuming that I'm good enough to *always* combo my way up to that part. And knowing me, there is no way that this is ever going to happen. Now imagine how long it takes to FC a 4-minute song orz
The 0-combo FL is just WAY too big to see what points/patterns I need to memorize, since I can basically see most of the playfield anyway so I don't really learn much and when I reach the same part with 200-FL it looks *completely* different. IMO Flashlight should not be about playing a map 1000 times to learn every stupid pattern but more about reflexes, reading followpoints, approachcircles etc. But you can't practice that when the vision range is TOO FRIGGING BIG to even need followpoints etc D:
Well, I'm just mad at myself for taking 100+ tries to FC easy maps with FL haha
But seriously, a feature like this would make my day <3
Waryas
use the FL skin.
Topic Starter
Luna
Oh lol
There is something like that? xD
Neat, gotta try it out~

Still would like this implemented in osu! though, since I don't really want to look like a total noob when random people spectate me and don't know I'm using that cursor xD
-libili
and where can i get the fl skin?
Topic Starter
Luna
theowest
What about blackout mod? Everything is black but your cursor and the points you get etc. Like hidden + Flashlight but you'll see nothing.