forum

[Archived] Problem with XP-Pen G430

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
y_H
Problem Details:
So I recently bought myself a XP-Pen G430 tablet as the pen for my CTL 490 was broken and since I've started using it I've noticed my cursor is incredibly shaky when playing. I have managed to get the active area on the g430 to be the same as the one I used on the 490 so it's not like I've changed the size of my play area. I'm not really sure why it is shaking so much.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if so how did you fix it, because it is really making the game unplayable for me. I've spent a few hours each day over the past 4 days trying to get used to the tablet and the pen(which feels pretty much the same as my Wacom one) and I just can't figure out the shaking as all.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHp0zCE ... e=youtu.be

osu! version: 20170103cuttingedge
o x
Is it only shakey in game? or out of game as well? Does it shake when you touch it to the surface of the tablet or only when you are hovering?
Sandy Hoey
If it is shaky while you are hovering it is because it is a good tablet and picks up the smallest movements. Your hand is not perfectly stable and the cursor reflects that
Topic Starter
y_H

Cawub wrote:

Is it only shakey in game? or out of game as well? Does it shake when you touch it to the surface of the tablet or only when you are hovering?
It is shaking both in game and out of game but only when hoovering, it is ok when I drag with it. As Sandy said it is probably my hand not actually being still and the tablet is picking up on it.

Sandy Hoey wrote:

If it is shaky while you are hovering it is because it is a good tablet and picks up the smallest movements. Your hand is not perfectly stable and the cursor reflects that
I feel like you are probably right, I've never noticed my hands being shaky with the Wacom or even the Osu tablet but they probably have smoothing enabled. I guess I'm going to have to get used to it and hope if it is my hand shaking it eventually decides to relax itself and stay still, either that or start dragging.

Thanks for the replies.
SlowLogicBoy
Latest Wacom drivers compensate hand shakiness and it seems smooth, XP-Pen not so much, it shows every movement you make, so you get exactly what your hand is doing.