forum

Friend Ranking (Selected Mods)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +6
Topic Starter
Ayaya
Just as the subject says, add a Friend Ranking (Selected Mods) leaderboard since now that you can have multiple scores on a map with mod combinations.
cpli
is this guy the first to have this idea? GG
Nitrous
So far so good. I haven't seen any duplicates.
Edgar_Figaro
TBH I think it probably hasn't been requested as most people don't have many maps with over 50 freinds who have played that particular map. So the friend ranking would generally show every score of your freinds. Selected mods is nice for global as far more than 50 people play a map. I think a Country (selected mods) would be more practical as most maps have more than 50 players from your country that have played it. (Unless of course you are from a country with fewer players)
Topic Starter
Ayaya

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

TBH I think it probably hasn't been requested as most people don't have many maps with over 50 freinds who have played that particular map. So the friend ranking would generally show every score of your freinds. Selected mods is nice for global as far more than 50 people play a map. I think a Country (selected mods) would be more practical as most maps have more than 50 players from your country that have played it. (Unless of course you are from a country with fewer players)
I just checked Friend Ranking, it doesn't show multiple scores for your friend when using different mods, only show the highest score. Also what if you're friends aren't in the same Country as you? I would prefer Friend Ranking (Selected Mods) than a Country one unless we can have both.
Edgar_Figaro

Ayaya wrote:

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

I just checked Friend Ranking, it doesn't show multiple scores for your friend when using different mods, only show the highest score. Also what if you're friends aren't in the same Country as you? I would prefer Friend Ranking (Selected Mods) than a Country one unless we can have both.
Ah yes I keep forgetting that with the new change multiple scores can be set with different mod combos.
Bara-
Due to the new feature, this can actually be used much! I like this
Swerro
Fine idea, but if global and friend ranking would have it, country should also.
Instead of a (friend/country/global) Ranking (Selected mods) bar, It'd look better to just have a Global, Country and Friend ranking, and a box next to it you can checkmark which says 'Show selected mod(s)' or something.

might even add a Search Player bar under the friend ranking bar too to just search for people's scores instead of having to add them as friend first, but that could be argued as unnecessary luxury

I'll edit some example visiualization soon to show what I mean

Edit: It would look something like this:

And of course, when you select: "search player" it shows a bar to type in and when you press Enter it shows their score on the map, and score with mod if you checkmarked the the box.

Maybe I should make this as a new feature request as this is not only about 'Friend Ranking (Selected Mods)" anymore...
Thoughts on this?
Topic Starter
Ayaya

Swerro wrote:

Fine idea, but if global and friend ranking would have it, country should also.
Instead of a (friend/country/global) Ranking (Selected mods) bar, It'd look better to just have a Global, Country and Friend ranking, and a box next to it you can checkmark which says 'Show selected mod(s)' or something.

might even add a Search Player bar under the friend ranking bar too to just search for people's scores instead of having to add them as friend first, but that could be argued as unnecessary luxury

I'll edit some example visiualization soon to show what I mean

Edit: It would look something like this:

And of course, when you select: "search player" it shows a bar to type in and when you press Enter it shows their score on the map, and score with mod if you checkmarked the the box.

Yes that would be a cool concept, If there was a
Maybe I should make this as a new feature request as this is not only about 'Friend Ranking (Selected Mods)" anymore...
Thoughts on this?
Yes I like the concept, also nice PS skill :D
Swerro
Yes I like the concept, also nice PS skill :D
Thanks for liking the concept! (i actually used paint.net program and it was only minutework ;p)

I decided that it's better to build on this and create a new feature request instead of going through with this one.