forum

Possible permissions to change slider gradient

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +64
Topic Starter
Furry
It came to my attention when modding my skin that there's a permanent gradient on the slider tracks, I'm just curious if we could be able to enable / disable this option in a skin.ini

Battle
tbf though the slider gradientt is kinda there to show slider paths, this is mostly helpful for more ambiguous sliders, but i guess I see why someone would want to disable it if the map mostly consisted of normal sliders
Seijiro
I noticed that since long ago too and I think it is indeed meant to make sure the slider path is readable (which some shapes may alter it in a really confusing way), so I don't think it will be removed, nor let someone to be able to change it.
This is just my guess tho, maybe with osu!next this will be possible, who knows.
Topic Starter
Furry

MrSergio wrote:

I think it is indeed meant to make sure the slider path is readable (which some shapes may alter it in a really confusing way)
I do agree with you, but there aren't any sliders that are currently ranked that would be confusing like that in the first place, and if there are sliders such as that (do not say notch hell) then they shouldn't be ranked in the first place

MrSergio wrote:

I don't think it will be removed, nor let someone to be able to change it
Well then why have an option that's allowed to be disabled in the first place? I know little to no people who are high ranks play with combo bursts, shaders, softening filters, or hit lighting, its just a preference for people who would want this and to have a skin that looks good to them. If we're not able to change it then whats the point of having other things in the skin be disabled as well? Plus people who change it have to change it by hand, meaning they have to set say "SliderGradient: 1" to "0" then they acknowledge the fact that they're disabling slider gradients.
Stefan
I don't set my hope really high this will happen but I guess this is something we can leave open here. Generally, I don't find them really disturbing nor annoying to see/play. But it seems to be different from player to player. Try to bring more people agreeing with you. That could help.
Laxxer
I honestly have never noticed this when mapping/playing

I don't think this needs to be changed...
Topic Starter
Furry

Whirl wrote:

It doesn't need to be changed on anyone, I just want it to be allowed for disabling and enabling for the people that do notice it, it's not gunna be turned off by default, it's going to be a changeable option in a skin.ini. I bet you never ever use the score ticks on slider points if you even know what those are anymore, but they're still in the game.
Laxxer

Furry wrote:

Whirl wrote:

It doesn't need to be changed on anyone, I just want it to be allowed for disabling and enabling for the people that do notice it, it's not gunna be turned off by default, it's going to be a changeable option in a skin.ini. I bet you never ever use the score ticks on slider points if you even know what those are anymore, but they're still in the game.

thats the thing, whats the point in adding a feature that only so minimal of us are even going to use? I guess like mrsergio *or stefan idk) said if you gather enough supporter this is something that should be considered
JustKoci
I asume that when this Forum was posted McOsu wasn't a thing. In McOsu there is an option to adjust the opacity of the gradient and I think it will be very cool if peppy ask the guys that made McOsu for the code for this, input it is osu! and everyone is happy :D
Zelzatter Zero

JustKoci wrote:

I asume that when this Forum was posted McOsu wasn't a thing. In McOsu there is an option to adjust the opacity of the gradient and I think it will be very cool if peppy ask the guys that made McOsu for the code for this, input it is osu! and everyone is happy :D
Stable code is currently a mess, which means it's impossible to add any feature without the possibility of destroying the whole game, sadly.

Anyway lazer (sort of) have that feature so I think it doesn't matter anymore.
Auracle

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

[quote="JustKoci"]lazer (sort of) have that feature so I think it doesn't matter anymore.
Lazer due to its opensource format is fully customizable, so we'll see way more features from users like custom mods, gamemodes, design, overlays and more