forum

New PP/SR calculator

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
dewero
Hello Everyone

I took a break from working on my CTB Star rating calculator this week, and decided to revisit my Taiko difficulty calculator. In short, I polished up the program and added a new Star Rating calculator. You can check out the github page here:

https://github.com/NotMichaelChen/TDA

Information for how the program works and how to use it can be found on the github page. You can also download the actual program on the releases page, here:

https://github.com/NotMichaelChen/TDA/releases

Depending on the interest I get for this project, I might continue to attempt to tweak the code and make it more accurate. For now, enjoy the program, and feel free to point out any strange results.
Cqfuj
I'm also working on an alternative star rating so I'm quite interested, especially regarding the pattern complexity part. The Huffman algorithm looks like a good idea. I tried it a little with a few streams, here are the results:

• 4.827 dddd kkkk dddd kkkk
    4.827 dkdk kdkd dkdk kdkd
    4.82 dddkk dddkk
    4.80 ddkd kkdd kkdk ddkk
    4.12 ddddd kkkkk
    4.11 ddd kkk ddd kkk
    4.092 ddk ddk ddk ddk
    4.091 ddkd kk ddkd kk
    4.06 dddd kk dddd kk
    4.05 dddd ddkk dddd ddkk
    4.04 dddd dddd kkkk kkkk
    3.66 ddddk ddddk
    3.08 ddkk ddkk ddkk ddkk
    3.027 kddd dd kddd dd
    3.027 kddd dddd kddd dddd
    3.026 kddd kddd kddd kddd
    1.55 dkdk dkdk dkdk dkdk
    1.18 dddd dddd dddd dddd
The odd point is the dddd kkkk dddd kkkk stream, it's obviously not that hard. I expected dddkk dddkk to be easy as it's dividable by 10 but I was quite surprised with the high star rating. There is also a lot of maps around 3* and 4* where the order might be wrong. Maybe you should try with the 16 or 12 last notes or the minimum of the two.
Topic Starter
dewero
Hmm yea that all has to do with the rather dumb way I'm handling the actual compression of the taiko notes. If you're actually interested in helping to find a better solution to calculating complexity I can detail how it works and why it's not working as intended