forum

[Archived] [osu!mania] An IIDX turntable support that works

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tina_otoge
I searched through the forums and I saw that support for an IIDX controller turntable was already asked before but it still doesn't work in-game even though it has been moved to Resolved Issues.
Tested on both the current stable release (b20160525.2) and the current cutting edge release (b20160601cuttingedge) and doesn't work.

There is the problem :
Even though you can bind Turntable scratch up and down through the osu!mania mapping option, when playing, you can't pass scratch patterns because when osu! register an input on "special key" with the "alternate special key" already pressed and vice versa, it doesn't count as a second input, it just counts as if "special key" was still pressed without releasing it.

This is an important issue because we can't pass patterns like those

Even though my controller's turntable is correctly set to both special key inputs
Topic Starter
Tina_otoge
Yo it's been more than a month.

It doesn't seem that hard to fix, when pressing "alternate special key" while "special key" is already pressed, or vice versa, the game should register the input and not act as if we kept "special key" pressed.

Please ?
Redon
Seijiro
It looks more like a bug to me too.
Topic Starter
Tina_otoge

MrSergio wrote:

It looks more like a bug to me too.
Thanks for moving it then.

I assumed it belonged in the features forum since it's something that isn't implemented yet.
Tappu
bump this, 8k is unplayable for me :v(
Tappu
found a temporary solution:

t/494165
Topic Starter
Tina_otoge
This thread was incorrectly moved to Resolved Issues. Pressing "special key" while "alternate special key" is already pressed (and vice versa) still doesn't register properly.

Support for the gamepad input however does not require JoyToKey anymore and that is great. This isn't however the topic of this thread.