Acc God_DELETED
Problem Details: anyone elts getting fps drops in chat window
(gpu gtx 970)
(cpu fx6300)
if there is a fix please message me

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: stable latest
Cinia Arctica
It might be that your card is old or sometimes if you are running other programs in the background then you may experiene a bit of lag.

I've heard you can get lag if you don't have enough ram (even 8 gb). Also how many beatmaps do you have saved and how bad is the lag when you pull up the chat window. So far I have never seen a fix for this. Also try setting FPS to unlimited.

I did find this however,

"There are several reasons why this may happen, First thing that comes to mind is GPU power states kicking down depending on usage.

This is may be controlled by the driver, hardware onboard, and or programming of the game or both like for example a frame limiter on the user panel which causes the gpu power states to kick due to lack of usage (which I do believe is actually implemented for chat & userpanel when shown coulda sworn I saw it months ago in the changelog)."

here is the original thread: p/2330625
Topic Starter
Acc God_DELETED
fyi a gtx 970 at the time of this post was not old
Sandy Hoey
And you posting here contributes nothing. Please dont post on marked threads in the future
Topic Starter
Acc God_DELETED
well i mean unless you want to spread miss information to people then fine.

Also this is my own thread also i did not give consent for this thread to be archived so if you want to chat to me like shit saying things like don't post on marked threads again in with the intent of threatening me you can fuck off i dont take well to be offended threatened or dehumanized

thirdly i hardly post in forms and don't know form rules nor do i know what a marked thread is

finally you come across way to subjective to people

i support osu meaning that i back it monthly and like to play and would rather have no misinformation spread around a site at the time the issue was that my cpu was way to hot and nothing to do with my gpu yet nothing was mentioned about it rather a gtx 970 at the time rrp was £250-£300

know if you would to continue to be subjective, i believe this thread is now resolved and needs locking
have a nice day
Flanster
Thanks for posting the cause of this problem albeit late. Also nobody had any intentions of offending you in any manner whatsoever so no need to be angry about it!