forum

[Popped] Faylan - Tokyo Zero Hearts

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sonnyc
Beatmap URL: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/293563

Hey guys~ Posting this map here to see how other people feel about a pattern in [Zero Hearts].

The slider pattern of 01:02:387 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,1) was the thing that raised my concern. Even the mapper tried to discern such sliders by using a minor difference in length, it is hard to deny that several short sliders with a similar length are used consisting of different rhythm. "Even the difficulty being in a level of an Expert, are those patterns intuitive enough on reading?" would be something I'd like to earn some opinion.

Especially the transition of 01:02:681 (3,1) and 01:04:005 (1,1,2) felt pretty questionable imo, but still I partially think this can work as a borderline pattern.

Hope to see some opinions regarding this!
Kyubey
As a not bad player, I can say I have no problems with that pattern, it's readable by AR. Though even someone will have them, it's not like maps of that difficulty level should be easily readable with first try, difficulty comes not only with big spacing and high speed, sometimes it can be added with making anti-flow or hard to read patterns. And anyway it's a TV size, so player shouldn't have issues with retrying it if he misread this pattern.
Yuii-
The pattern seems pretty okay, I like it. I would fix the distance between 01:02:313 (8,1) - . Yeah, the 1/4 slider jumps may be a bit too much considering he's only using that kind of distance for that part in specific, so reducing it a bit won't actually hurt that much. If you need to justify this a bit more, you could tell him that right after this section there's a considerable slow down and after that, the Kiai begins, and so, it would be cool to keep it as a build-up section instead of something kind of unexpected. Maybe reducing the distance of the objects overall during that part would be a nice way to go.

I also want to add two personal comments to the difficulty:

01:06:405 (1,2) - Would love to see the rhythm Ctrl+G'd here. Sounds waaaay better in my opinion. (I actually feel the rhythm could be improved in a lot of parts, it may be just me. I kinda have a lot to say about rhythm/sliders in some sections.)
01:10:545 (9,10,11,12) - If you compare this to the following section where he is rotating the sliders by 180° and then re-arranging it so it doesn't look very linear this just stands out a lot. Would you mind suggesting him something like http://puu.sh/nYkop/d90ddd7108.jpg for not-so-linear flow? Cool things could happen!

01:27:494 (1,2) - (Also, on Extra) This jump has more spacing that the one on the higgest diff. A lot of things actually look like a "copy-paste-then-rotated" thing. That makes KwaN sad :(
Kibbleru
although i cant playtest it, i can say that form the mapping aspect, it is intuitive and it fits the song well.
Okoratu
No problems with the sliders you mentioned from my side.

Here's stuff i have a bit of beef with in Zero Hearts and in general
The hitsounding... the electronic drum used as a whistle for the kiai doesn't fit any instruments in the song at all and imo just sounds obnoxious as this song is not composed using electronic drums

the bg could use less pixels around http://puu.sh/nYOAN/99f6d2f431.jpg should try to find a cleaner version lol.

00:25:265 - timing around here seems wrong, the sounds this slider tries to line up with just doesn't happen to be on the red tick but somewhere later actually the vocals he's mapping are are really damn dodgy whenever there arent any drums
00:30:463 (4,1) - seems unnecessarily sharp for the reason of being unnecessarily sharp, the other slider circle combinations aren't as sharp and it overall felt pretty rough for no reason lol
01:06:553 (2) - should decide if he wants to follow vocals or drums to be honest, 01:06:850 - should have a circle if he follows vocals, the same happens to
01:08:928 (2) - 01:15:167 (3) - 01:16:355 (4) - 01:17:543 (4) - 01:18:731 (4) -
idk why he swaps between vocals and drums and isn't even consequent with it.

why is character holding a penguin what
Topic Starter
Sonnyc
Also a concern has raised along the speed of the lowest difficulty. Even the rhythms weren't pretty complicated, the bpm being 200+ had potential difficulties to become beginner friendly.

Talked with the mapper regarding this, but he felt the current difficulty could function well as the lowest difficulty.

I personally think adding something easier would definitely benefit the mapset, but it could work fine enough as it is if the mapper prefers.

I'd like to know if you guys think adding an additional difficulty should be a must, or if it's fine enough as it is!
Yuii-
Y-Yeah. Kind of. Density-wise is very high on some sections, like 00:39:077 - when there is literally no break for the following 25~30 seconds, which is quite a lot for this kind of map. There are some other objects that could be removed in order to break some breaks but that's just up to you if you are willing to rebubble it 8-)

I'd also finish the spinner 00:17:691 (1) - at 00:20:067 - for more recovery time. Y'know, you gotta be sure.
Kibbleru
if we're talking about the easy diff, i think its fine >< rhythm's arent that complicated and he uses alot of 2/1
any less would make the spread bad
riffy
Easy should be renamed to Normal and Normal to advvanced. Current names have little if any connection with the actual difficulty.
Topic Starter
Sonnyc
Guess it will be fine to close the discussion at this point.
Thanks for the input guys!