forum

Taiko Skin version 6.0

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Starting a new thread for this, since the old was was getting disorganized.

This should be available in the updater along with the new build of osu! :D

New features in the osu! engine mean new features for the taiko skin!

Updated hitsounds, hitbursts, and lifebar, and all new skinned drum bar, flowers, and background.

Edit: Skins don't seem to be in the updater anymore, here's a direct download: http://puu.sh/9BnvD/ccdf58cf5a.osk

Natteke
Gonna be first to say that IT'S AWESOME
aquabluu
Spinner marker FOR THE WIN! Finally!
arien666
crystalsuicune
LH SO AWESOME <<<3

Especially the countdown.OH GOD THE COUNTDOWN SO AWESOME *shot*
BTW,I was wondering...What taiko skin elements can we customize right now?
I know we can customize Pippi-don,but is there anything else we can customize?

Nvm,checked the skin's folder.That's quite a lot of stuff that we can customize.
Zekira
Would it be bad to request the spinner-spin.wav to be changed back to the old one? You know, that denden spin effect. It actually sounds nice in Taiko mode, and these new donkat as the spinner-spin.wav sounds a bit annoying in osu!standard.

But please, retain the spinner-bonus.wav as it is now. The previous one (denden clear) was just a bit really noisy.

(I know I could do it myself, but I really think that many would agree with me on this one)
mekadon_old
I don't see the reason why the background seems weird where it has a zigzag shape D:
Zekira
Also, I'm somewhat annoyed at the Whistle being the Gorgeous Taiko's Katsu sound... That's just probably me though.
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Here's the old Spinnerspin sound: http://puu.sh/t2Q

I got pretty sick of it so I probably won't throw it back in there now, but I've gone back and fourth basically with each build of the skin so it may get replaced again at some point.

The echo sound effects have been pretty cool so far in the maps I've tested. The normal-hitwhistle at the very least is pretty loud and obnoxious in the main osu! sampleset, so people tend to only place whistle notes when they want the note to be very distinct. And I think it's a nice effect even in soft maps. But again everybody can customize everything to their preference.
Zekira
Hm, I must've gotten used to using whistles over claps mainly due to them sounding the same before. Guess have to break the habit now and use claps more often then...
Dragvon
I didn't had time to check the skin yet but god it looks so awesome now *-*!
Great job!
By the way, there are combo sounds for 800 and up yet?
Louis Cyphre
Very well done.

But there is one defect, which makes me nervous.
fruit-pear.png file.
that fruit can't show redlight clearly, which makes me miss everytime during hyperjump
I can't see red-light without mods, it's absolutly hidden (99%)

And it's hard to see it with hidden mod =/
Topic Starter
LuigiHann

Dragvon wrote:

I didn't had time to check the skin yet but god it looks so awesome now *-*!
Great job!
By the way, there are combo sounds for 800 and up yet?
You could always check...

But yeah, 800 and 900 have authentic yells, and for 1000, 1100, and 1200 there's a shout of "combo!" I got bored after that so there's nothing for higher combos

Louis Cyphre wrote:

Very well done.

But there is one defect, which makes me nervous.
fruit-pear.png file.
that fruit can't show redlight clearly, which makes me miss everytime during hyperjump
I can't see red-light without mods, it's absolutly hidden (99%)

Didn't realize the sprites were used that way

This should help, I think?

Louis Cyphre
Yes. Thanks a lot : )
roleykatsu
Revival bump?

I noticed that the font used in the score-numbers and default-numbers have been the same for a long while (iirc the font is Maiandra GD). This may not be that extremely necessary (as a matter of fact I don't think it is all), but I believe that the score/default-numbers can use a "face-lift", i.e., a change of font.

About a week or so ago I posted on the taiko beatmap thread about how I somehow managed to find the authentic taiko no tatsujin font used in the arcade/DS/Wii games. After a few days of having the font, I decided to make some score-numbers (since I can't do the same kind of epic-gradient-filled-colors for the default numbers) using the font, and I think it came out quite nicely.

As I said before, I only managed to get the score-numbers done since I don't think I would even be able to do the default-numbers, so I'm just wondering if perhaps you could use this new font and implement it to a future release of the taiko skin! :)

I don't think it would be much of a hassle, and I already have the score-numbers completed so I suppose I reduced the amount of work it would take to re-skin the numbers. Again, it's not necessary, but it would make the skin just a little bit more..you know..authentic.

The download to the score-numbers is attached to the post. The font itself can be downloaded here (because the file is quite large).
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Great find! Next time I update the skin I'll redo a bunch of stuff with that font!
Xay
Would be nice if someone can upload this skin for me, since the skin is not available for me, even with the updated version of osu!.

The "Get More Skins!" button doesn't work too.

Edit: Nvm
Magical Pokie
Very good
sles940413
I except the skin
thank u share~
[Au]-[Revoir]
Awesomee :shock: :shock: :shock:
show more