forum

[resolved] Bancho connectivity help & troubleshooting

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mm201
This issue pops up often with all the different network configurations about. To help keep the forum clean, all issues connecting to osu!'s ingame chat and multiplay system (Bancho) should be directed here.

Common solutions to this problem:
  1. On Vista+, try turning down UAC to a lower setting, running in XP SP2 compatability mode, or allowing osu! to run as administrator.
  2. Have you tried logging out and back in?
  3. Make sure Bancho isn't actually down: http://stat.ppy.sh/
  4. If you use firewall by any chance, please disable it and test again.
  5. Make sure your osu! is up-to-date (you can do so by going to Options > Maintenance > Run Updater)
More solutions to come.
Randy96
<integrated into OP>
Feno_old
I had an issue where I got disconnected and couldn't get back online no matter how much I restarted, all I had to do was to go into the multiplayer options and click the login button there.
Probably won't be a common solution but it might work for some people.
Kogami_old
None of this helps. Plus How do u open ports like OP said.
Randy96
Should be a setting on your firewall
TBTE
I got a major one where I have tried everything but Bancho keeps logging me off and then logging me back on.
It Pisses me off
anonymous_old
For some reason I cant even login to my osu! I not sure if the sever is slow or what but it getting really annoying.
Crakila
@shimasu - Please make sure that you have typed your password correctly noting case sensitivity.

Also, please don't color your text because it's VERY hard to read it.
Dealiah
Im stuck and cant login. I tried restarting my computer closeing Osu! loggin off the other person then trying to log on. I dont know why this is happeing. it just stays at the loging in screan with no progress, and its not like the game is frozen, because i can move the poiner around and hit cancel. Please Help!
Dark_Cherry_old
Since I have updated Osu! I can't play multiplayer.... don't know why, but have tried all the solutios above and it still the same. Pleas help :(
anotherecs
after updating to the latest version I can't even log in (cannot establish connection to bancho).

Before updating everything runs fine...
xsrsbsns
Hmm I couldn't log in since 5mins ago idk why >_>
Leeg
Bancho is down.
Dark_Cherry_old
And... what is Bancho ?
James2250

Dark_Cherry wrote:

And... what is Bancho ?
Bancho is the server that osu! runs on. Without it you can't play multiplayer or submit scores etc
Topic Starter
mm201

MetalMario201 wrote:

osu!'s ingame chat and multiplay system (Bancho)
xsrsbsns
I get "connection lost, reconnecting to bancho" once every hour or two.
No firewall, antivirus, UAC or any sort of protection.. and no running torrents.

Not a problem with submitting scores I think. But well I have a slow (512kbps) line.. and need like 30s-3min or even longer to reload the userlist and channels ("Please wait while osu! connects.." & "Attempting to join channel.."), missing interesting chats from the channel.. >_> However the bottom right "authenification successful" comes immediately after "connection lost" without delay.

Now I also have an IRC connection with a client (and this one never dcs), so the chat thing not a problem for me.. just a tiny annoyance..
Maybe it's my connection, but since it only happens inside osu!, just still wanted to know if there's a reason or a way around it.
Uname_old
Strange. I couldn't connect to Bancho, so I logged out from osu!, but when I wanted to log in again,
nothing happens. osu! always connects to the server and nothing.
Why? Please help.
setheroth_old
help ive down every thing i can but every time i try and download a beatmap it takes me to a page that just says no download managers whats going on
my isp is hughes net
thanks in advance
James2250

setheroth wrote:

help ive down every thing i can but every time i try and download a beatmap it takes me to a page that just says no download managers whats going on
my isp is hughes net
thanks in advance
You can't use a download manager to download separate beatmaps, you can only use them for packs. That's the only problem
(btw wrong thread?)
Xyrenus
I have the same problem as well..
First of all .. my firewall is off and im running in XP SP3 -

During solo when I play (while connected to the internet - i'm pretty sure that it's connected because I can receive EXP and ranking.. and all those stuff),

I keep on receiving
disconnection from Bancho server("Lost connection..") and then, it says "Reconnecting to Bancho.." or something like that ...and suddenly i was connected again.

This keeps happening

and when I tried to play multi-player, it says i have to be connected to bancho first. but im pretty sure im connected already
I tried to logout and log in back, turn off and on firewall, restart router/modem , restart osu!,

I'm out of idea...

Anyone know this..please reply =D

-
ReViVeD
I have the same problem with bancho(
pls reply someone
TBTE
I have a problem with IRC.

I randomly get IP Banned for the Ping! Pong! effect off of mIRC.

Is there a way to fix this or am I doomed to use mibbit....
Ephemeral

thebesthingever wrote:

I have a problem with IRC.

I randomly get IP Banned for the Ping! Pong! effect off of mIRC.

Is there a way to fix this or am I doomed to use mibbit....
download kvirc instead
TBTE
Thanks for the helps, Chicken with Man Buff Arms
Topic Starter
mm201
I've not had this problem with mIRC. Do you have some auto-ping setting turned on?
TBTE
I don't think so, But I was Fucking with the Setting Heavily....

I would get on for like Maximum 20 mins And I would get a Ping! Pong! Mis-happen, It would still connect, Don't ask me how.

Then 5 minutes later I am banned for 4 hours.

EDIT:
This has not happened since I have installed KVIrc, Although I have been getting some random silences.
Sometimes these silences would show up in #osu and sometimes they would not.
I have been !killed for randomly getting silenced 2 or 3 days ago by whymeman.
I didn't complain because I was gonna deserve it sooner or later anyway.
anyway... I thought maybe I have been useing the IRC and Osu! Overlays, may that be the problem?
X-Ray_old_1

xsrsbsns wrote:

I get "connection lost, reconnecting to bancho" once every hour or two.
No firewall, antivirus, UAC or any sort of protection.. and no running torrents.

Not a problem with submitting scores I think. But well I have a slow (512kbps) line.. and need like 30s-3min or even longer to reload the userlist and channels ("Please wait while osu! connects.." & "Attempting to join channel.."), missing interesting chats from the channel.. >_> However the bottom right "authenification successful" comes immediately after "connection lost" without delay.

Now I also have an IRC connection with a client (and this one never dcs), so the chat thing not a problem for me.. just a tiny annoyance..
Maybe it's my connection, but since it only happens inside osu!, just still wanted to know if there's a reason or a way around it.
Same problem here. Not every hour, but EVERY MINUTE.
I can't play in multiplayer, because it disconnects.

I tried FUCKING EVERYTHING: I reseted my router, I opened the port 13381, I disabled the Windows Firewall, I disabled the antivirus, I closed EVERYTHING in my computer, I reinstalled and gave admin permissons to osu!, and I even unplugged my sister's computer from the network...
My internet is not slow (4Mbps), and everything else works perfectly.
I just don't know what else to do... please help! ;_; Spanish playoffs for the osu! world cup are tomorrow, and I'll not be able to play... ;_;

Thanks in advance.
Fabi
Its Bancho guys.
X-Ray_old_1
lol Finally I used an VPN that goes around the world and makes me have 250ms of ping, but now I can connect to bancho normally without any disconnection.
It must be some of my country's routers that is trolling me. xD
Snakee_old
I have the Bancho problem too
no conction to the server while the firewall is off -.-
pleas help anybody
tofw1990
i also have the Bancho problem too

i can't connect the server, i just can play with myself= = can anyone help me?

HELP
Randy96

MetalMario201 wrote:

This issue pops up often with all the different network configurations about. To help keep the forum clean, all issues connecting to osu!'s ingame chat and multiplay system (Bancho) should be directed here.

Common solutions to this problem:
  1. Open TCP port 13381 on any firewalls between yourself and the internet.
  2. On Vista+, try turning down UAC to a lower setting, running in XP SP2 compatability mode, or allowing osu! to run as administrator.
  3. Some peer blocking blacklists contain osu!'s servers for some reason. Please add an exception for 174.34.145.226, 208.94.116.253, and 216.6.228.50 if you are using one.
  4. Have you tried logging out and back in?
More solutions to come.
CrystalxOcean
No Firewall, no antivirus.
Can submit scores but can't play multiplayer. (or i can for severals game, but disconnecting again after...)

Connect & disconnect to Bancho all the time.
Anyone can help ?
joannshiro
i'm using window vista,when i try to do multiplayer...

it come out with this。。

"Bancho authentication fail"

and where i can find the UAC??
Keroicon
The same problem happens here.
I tried all things and still have the problem, anyone can help me? I want to play osu!
Ruisu-kun_old
I don't know if this post goes here, but I'm having troubles with the BSS :S and bancho takes so much time to conect... I have to upload 2 maps and I can't do it

What should I do?
Keita_old
I have problems connecting to Bancho in game. Website/forums seems to work without any problem.
Sometimes it does not connect at all, and when it does only thing I can do is talking on IRC.
It does not allow me to check scores or upload new after finishing song.
Also have problem with connecting to osu! direct. If it somehow works it does not allow me do download anything (stuck at Initialising download).
Already tried running osu as administrator or with WinXP compatibility mode.
Ah, when checking ping to cho.ppy.sh most of the time request timed out.
Of course I already tried adding exceptions to firewall or turning it completely off, didn't help at all.

None of the solutions posted before seems to help.
Could it be just problems with my internet connection? I think there was no problems like that before switching to Windows 7 x64
(had 32bit version before).
peppy
This probably points to your ISP. Can you run a traceroute and find out which hop is causing the packet loss?
Keita_old
It seems to work normally now.
Problem seem to be be occuring during 12-16 gmt+2 time.

1.5 hour ago it was
TraceRoute to 174.34.145.226 [cho.ppy.sh]
Hop (ms) (ms) (ms) IP Address Host name
1 48 21 12 72.249.0.65 -
2 51 73 58 206.123.64.81 -
3 24 19 8 8.9.232.73 xe-5-3-0.edge3.dallas1.level3.net
4 58 44 16 4.71.220.14 xo-communic.edge2.dallas3.level3.net
5 43 42 20 207.88.14.242 207.88.14.242.ptr.us.xo.net
6 71 78 39 207.88.14.242 207.88.14.242.ptr.us.xo.net
7 70 77 72 207.88.12.42 te-3-2-0.rar3.denver-co.us.xo.net
8timed out207 205 216.156.0.194 ae0d0.mcr1.seattle-wa.us.xo.net
9 109 128 143 216.156.14.78 216.156.14.78.ptr.us.xo.net
10 91 79 71 65.47.29.202 edge1.sea.ubiquityservers.com
11 67 84 92 174.34.145.226 174.34.145.226.rdns.ubiquityservers.com

Probably time to talk to my housing office about this, I'm not the only one with simmilar problems.
Rithela
why was my post deleted? .___.
[Youmu]
I also cannot login to bancho anymore, I've tried the ports through the firewall and it isn't working still. I tried turning my firewall off too and that's still the same. This kept occuring ever since the last few patches. It have not happened before until then. Apparently this is what it looks like now when I tried to login.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z122 ... 2007/a.jpg

It just stays there on the login page

What else can I do to try and get back in? I really want to play again lol, so yeah. I've also tried re-installing and that didn't work.

[fixed after trying other things it amazingly worked]
Kazumamon
:( Please help me my Osu! Server wont work Today. I am logged in and the Internet works fine but they dont let me into the Multiplayer or Show my the Online Ranking into the Game.

PLEASE HELP ME!!! :? :( :? :(
Topic Starter
mm201
Merged into the correct topic. Try some of the fixes in this topic and see if they help fix Multiplayer? Also make sure the games aren't private and their owners aren't kicking you out.
Hijiri Tezuka
I'm not sure if I should post this here, but I can't log in to Bancho. I get the "Connecting to Banch" message, but it just stays there. Internet connection is fine and all Osu! ports are unblocked. This started happening after the latest patch.

Oh, and the BSS isn't working for me as well
MetalAoi
Im having the same problem as Ayame
Pizzicato
i've been getting disconnected from time to time. same goes for my friends on #filipino.
LizardLaw974
none of the suggestions listed are helping. im haveing the same problem of not being able to be connected nor have my stats updated
takasumi0011
i can not play with other ppl (multi-play), seems the osu! keep receiving data and try to lost the connection.

I am using OS win7 64bit, and already turning down UAC to a lower setting, running in XP SP2 compatability mode.

Other hand, I have success one time login when the first day install the osu!.
shauntmw
I can submit scores, see global scoreboard on every beatmaps, use online favorites etc.
But, I can't login multiplayer section, and I always get the 'Receiving Data' below osu!

What could be the problem?

I am running Windows Vista, firewall completely off (I even stopped the firewall service), anti-virus off.
Am able to ping osu.ppy.sh, able to connect to internet and browse websites and other stuff, just not able to connect Bancho...
show more