forum

!time command for in-game chat

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Hyguys
Err... !time says the time of the country of a player.
!time <name of player> .

Example:
See this .
21:00 <Hyguys123123132> !time peppy
21:00 <BanchoBot> It's 01:00 AM on peppy's house (or country).

That should be great. :P
For people who don't want one more friend on friend list . o3o

EDIT:What? add on !where?
!where Hyguys
20:01 <BanchoBot> Hyguys is on Brazil and it's 20:01 PM on Hyguys' country.
lolwut
Firo Prochainezo
Sounds nice.

Support.
James2250
errrr idk?
It shows the time zone for everyone on the user panels so~ Guess it wouldn't hurt
Beuchi
Sounds totally useless having the time already on the panels on the Online Players list... :?
RageTH
Support if you're lazy to search that user to see his user panel GMT :P

Soo
pawrt
Galkan
I wouldn't mind it, since there's already !where command, so !time would be quite useful for lazy asses :P

But don't force peppy to anything, this "he MUST do this" option sounds pointless. (even if it's joke)
Gabi

Beuchi-chan wrote:

Sounds totally useless having the time already on the panels on the Online Players list... :?
pretty much

!time > <username>

F9 > <username>

no need for this
Rukario

Gabi wrote:

Beuchi-chan wrote:

pretty much

!time > <username>

F9 > <username>

no need for this
pretty much the same as !stats or !where but they both exist.
I say support because why not.
Claudia_old
which begs the question of why we need this command when we can hover over a person's name in hiscores and see their local time

also a suggestion with xD at the end should not be taken seriously
RageTH

E-Hooker wrote:

also a suggestion with xD at the end should not be taken seriously
Kind of agree with this
Derekku
I would deny this for the reasons above, but think for a minute how long it takes to convert time zones. A more specific format like "10:00 am" (for example) would be much easier to read.
Claudia_old

Derekku wrote:

I would deny this for the reasons above, but think for a minute how long it takes to convert time zones. A more specific format like "10:00 am" (for example) would be much easier to read.
24 hour clock makes sense to the intelligent people of the world.

and though daylight savings time throws people off, once it's over timezones are far easier to figure out. I personally find it pathetic that very many people, on osu!, the internet, and in general, don't know shit about timezones. I once had somebody ask me "OMG, DIS EVENT IS AT 5AM???" for an event being held at Noon GMT-7 [while they were in GMT-8]

so eh, all people care about is what time it is where a person is. not timezones, really.
Derekku

E-Hooker wrote:

24 hour clock makes sense to the intelligent people of the world.
I agree.

E-Hooker wrote:

so eh, all people care about is what time it is where a person is. not timezones, really.
I personally care about both, but it's a matter of convenience, really.
Gabi
Sure !stats and !where are there, but stil this isn't requiredl. If anything, the time could be added to the !where command.
RageTH

Gabi wrote:

Sure !stats and !where are there, but stil this isn't requiredl. If anything, the time could be added to the !where command.
Awesome
Support that +1
Beuchi

Derekku wrote:

Um... Isn't it already like that? ._. http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/27305 (Takuma's)
Derekku

Beuchi-chan wrote:

Derekku wrote:

Um... Isn't it already like that? ._. http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/27305 (Takuma's)
That's just the timezone (as already mentioned) :U

PS: This would fit well in !where. The user panels (f9) are fine.
arien666
GMT seems little hard to solve orz
WHATEVER :3...

Support :3?
Luneko
Support~
i like it :3
Larto

Derekku wrote:

Agreed. Please combine it with !where. I don't think it really needs a new command.
Ekaru

Larto wrote:

Derekku wrote:

Agreed. Please combine it with !where. I don't think it really needs a new command.
Do this please. It'd work perfectly. I already use !where to see if a user's online anyways, this would go with that perfectly.
Claudia_old
although spamming !where is obnoxious especially if the person is online or even chatting [i'll be talking and people go !where E-Hooker]

but support for the modified suggestion
Mara

Beuchi-chan wrote:

This. No support.
Topic Starter
Hyguys
bump?
Derekku

Hyguys123123132 wrote:

BUMP
There's no need to bump feature requests unless they haven't received replies (at all, or for months).
Neo Adonis

Gabi wrote:

!time > <username>

F9 > move your mouse > click > <username>
At least for me, it's easier to type "!time". However...

Gabi wrote:

If anything, the time could be added to the !where command.
...could be this.

Whatever... Support! Please, don't deny this. Anyway, the suggestion is harmless.
Topic Starter
Hyguys
bump
Esupanitix
Supported
FireballFlame

Gabi wrote:

Please don't... I don't wanna be spammed with time zones everytime I look up where someone is.

As for an extra !time command, I don't really need it, but I guess it would be a nice addition to !stats and !where.
Crakila
Support. But add it to !where
Topic Starter
Hyguys
bump
Rokodo

VampiricPadraig wrote:

OnosakiHito

Rokodo wrote:

VampiricPadraig wrote:

XPJ38

Rokodo wrote:

VampiricPadraig wrote:

Derekku
Deleted the useless poll and renamed the thread to something more sensible.
Cuddlebun
seems pretty useless to me, no support. I can't really see this ever being implemented unless as an addition to !where and even then I still think it's useless.
TheVileOne
This would be really convenient. I hate military time.