forum

[resolved] (Mac) Osu crashes constantly?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AuraRedWolf
Problem Details:
Osu always worked before on my Mac, I just recently downloaded it again. It works the first time I open it, however the songs don't show up at all, and it'll redirect me to the site. Usually after this the Osu! screen'll freeze, and I'll have to quit it. Then every time I open it, Osu! will crash, and I'll get this:

System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
at System.IO.Path.CheckInvalidPathChars(String path)
at System.IO.Path.InternalCombine(String path1, String path2)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)
at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path)
at #ji.#ml.#4ab()
at #ji.#ml.#Hec()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

I have no idea what that means. Every time Osu! loads up it also says 'Unable to set pixel format' but I found a thread that said that was harmless. I tried finding other threads where this was resolved but they were abandoned or based on Windows computers. I'm also new to Osu! so I'm not really sure what to do :) Am I just being stupid?
Thank you ^^

osu! version: 20150812.11 (latest)
TheVileOne
t/352754

For some reason Mac allowed characters aren't allowed to be used in the OS X version even though they should pass the illegal char check. Remove the illegal character and it will work.
Topic Starter
AuraRedWolf
Uhhhhm I'm not sure what the illegal character is...Know how I can find it?
Thanks for the reply ^-^

EDIT: Err nevermind I know how to find it now, I just don't know what characters are considered 'illegal'. If anyone could provide a list of characters that'd be helpful. I've tried '*' '&' '<' '>' '?' but there aren't any of those characters in my Osu! files. :)
Topic Starter
AuraRedWolf

Get this image every time I open up Osu! as well, but in a different window. I can't actually install whatever it's trying to make me install because it's a .exe file for windows?
TheVileOne
https://kb.acronis.com/content/39790

No paths should contain any characters that windows doesn't allow.
Topic Starter
AuraRedWolf
THANKS! It was this one | , I didn't see it :)