forum

[duplicate] Ability to give permission to another user to edit thread

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +6
Topic Starter
Frim4503
so i will make it simple. it will be good if we have Ability to give permission to another user to edit thread.
for example: me and my friend have queue. the owner of the thread is my friend and he can't login or update queue because busy IRL.so, many requests are piling up and it make me confused to search every page just for searching map to mod. then i have idea why not we add Ability to give permission to another user to edit thread. so, if he can't update the queue, i can update it for him. sorry if my english is bad :o
this is my queue t/268487

what do you think about this ?

let's discuss it together
Bara-
Yeah
But probably only for modding queues/Art subforum
I haven't seen other collab threads anywhere
But I agree
Topic Starter
Frim4503
yeah i know, but it will help me a little if they implemented this :)
abraker
Thread privileges. I like it. I believe the admin system works this way. That's why mods and admins can edit some threads we see as locked, and expanding that to the common user is not a bad idea.
drum drum

abraker wrote:

Thread privileges. I like it. I believe the admin system works this way. That's why mods and admins can edit some threads we see as locked, and expanding that to the common user is not a bad idea.
but this would be way more complicated than that.....

just saying :D
abraker
I see this as adding a flag that indicates which forum sections users are able to add users able to edit the thread (doesn't effect moderators and admins), and adding a new "user" group to the privaleges.

I don't know the backend of the system, but a simplified psuedocode might be something like:

Thread = "id1"

• Superuser
    [list:1337]
    Blacklist=1 // active
    // none

• Whitelist=0 // inactive

• Permissions = edit, view
Admins

• Blacklist=1 // active
    // none

Moderators

• Blacklist=1 // active
    // none

Support Team

• Blacklist=1 // active
    // none

User

• Blacklist=0 // inactive
    // none

• Whitelist=1 // active
    name1, name2, name3, ...

Thread = "id2"
Topic Starter
Frim4503

drum drum wrote:

is that so ? :o

if can i hope staf can make it simple .
cuz this can help me a little with my queue :D
drum drum

Frim4503 wrote:

drum drum wrote:

is that so ? :o

if can i hope staf can make it simple .
cuz this can help me a little with my queue :D
a finished product could be simple to use but the code idk
Lally
is not bad this idea,but as drum drum said it may be difficult to get into the final product
Topic Starter
Frim4503

Lally wrote:

is not bad this idea,but as drum drum said it may be difficult to get into the final product
let see how they handle this :D
i hope can see this feature coming in the future
Seijiro
I'd like to make a little edit to this feature request.

I agree that the owner can give privilegies to others for editing their thread (this includes only the first post, obviously), but this should be implemented for all kind of forums, BUT, this feature will be free only for collaborative works, such as modding queues, art queues or even beatmap projects, while for other kind of threads, let's say an internal tournament in a language subforum or a guide or any other kind of project, the user will need a sort of approvation to do so from a forum moderator or staff member.

After a period of 4 lines I finished my thought, lol. I hope you like the idea :3
troke
maybe phpbb can do this
Nakano Itsuki

-Troke- wrote:

maybe phpbb can do this
Hopefully this board is not phpBB powered...
I've had some bad experiences with it... (managing it)
drum drum

StarrStyx wrote:

-Troke- wrote:

maybe phpbb can do this
Hopefully this board is not phpBB powered...
I've had some bad experiences with it... (managing it)
it is
FrzR
"I'm lazy. Edit that for me plz huehue"

I'm ok with this. \:D/
Yauxo
Not only Art and Moddingqueues could make use of this, stuff like language forums as well

Example for the german board: t/298213
This is a list of all/most german mappers and only one person (+QAT +Staff) can change it, while Stefan is not too active anymore. We'd have to remake it to keep it up to date.

Skinning would probably also make sense, but I guess that counts in with "art". Maybe Videogames as well? If people collab on a fangame for example.
ZekeyHache
I find this very useful~ I hope it gets noticed~
Pawsu
Duplicate - t/85389
Nathanael
poor stars...
ZekeyHache

Pawsu wrote:

Duplicate - t/85389
Oh my.. was going to make a thread, but then I looked for this to prevent myself to do a duplicate.. and this resulted to be a duplicate..and I already spent stars on it xD I guess today isn't my lucky day~
Pawsu

ezek wrote:

Pawsu wrote:

Duplicate - t/85389
Oh my.. was going to make a thread, but then I looked for this to prevent myself to do a duplicate.. and this resulted to be a duplicate..and I already spent stars on it xD I guess today isn't my lucky day~
To be fair I was on the verge of giving up. It was impossible to find...Oh well though, it has plenty more stars.