forum

[Mania] Make 10k and above autoconverts ranked

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
abraker
I was playing with the 10k mod when I realized that it's not ranked. I see no reason for this. In fact, I see no reason for 10k, 12k, etc to be unranked as well. It discourages players from playing those modes and ends up players like me complaining (or whining) on why nobody wants to play those keymodes. Also this might have been asked before, but I don't see why the 8k score is reduced (sure the patterns might be easier in some cases, but that doesn't change the fact that it's harder to master), it should be 1.0x multiplier IMO. I can't get the extra PP from the 8k mod because I played in 7k and would never get the achieved unreduced score.
Mofu kun
is there a reason for it not to be ranked?

is it easier to play or something?
Full Tablet
I would prefer having those keycount mods ranked, it would encourage players a bit more to practice those modes, and possibly it would increase the diversity of keycounts in osu!mania ranked maps.

About having a score penalty for 8K mod, the problem of having 7K scores overwriting 8K scores if per-mod online records are stored.

About the keycounts only available with Co-op mod (a mod that got completely unranked recently), I think they should make those keycounts available without using the co-op mod, after all, it is possible to play them solo (but beyond 10K is considerably harder to learn, since you need to move your fingers from key to key, and possibly have to press more than 1 key at the same time with one finger).
-Maus-
Play without mods.
Problem solved.
Topic Starter
abraker

Transformau5 wrote:

Play without mods.
Problem solved.
How so? If I play an autoconvert without mods, the highest keymode I'm going to get is 7k. Autoconverts should be ranked in any keymode, and with increasing keymode an increasing PP multiplier applied.
-Maus-

abraker wrote:

Transformau5 wrote:

Play without mods.
Problem solved.
How so? If I play an autoconvert without mods, the highest keymode I'm going to get is 7k. Autoconverts should be ranked in any keymode, and with increasing keymode an increasing PP multiplier applied.
Because mania maps are too mainstream, right?
Full Tablet

Transformau5 wrote:

abraker wrote:

Currently, there aren't ranked osu!mania maps with 9K or above (and there are very few unranked ones); playing auto-converts with those keymodes is the most viable way to play with the game client.
Yauxo

Transformau5 wrote:

abraker wrote:

I dont think that he doesnt play Mania mapsets, it's more that there are tons of Standard mapsets while there are only a "few" Mania mapsets (if you'd compare them | Standard has 125 pages of ranked maps, Mania has 8)
Topic Starter
abraker

Yauxo wrote:

I dont think that he doesnt play Mania mapsets, it's more that there are tons of Standard mapsets while there are only a "few" Mania mapsets (if you'd compare them | Standard has 125 pages of ranked maps, Mania has 8)
That and keymodes as 8k have been unpopularized in osu! because modding autoconverts to 8k isn't worth it. Due to the score reduction, only players that begin with 8k can improve on the maps. Players who did them in the natural converted keymodes see no reason for redoing them in 8k. Since not many people play 8k for this reason, not many people think making an 8k map to rank is worth the time. I see several more 8k maps being ranked now (probably following the exponential growth pattern), but it has a rough start to begin with. And it's even worse for higher keymodes.
-Maus-

Full Tablet wrote:

Currently, there aren't ranked osu!mania maps with 9K or above (and there are very few unranked ones); playing auto-converts with those keymodes is the most viable way to play with the game client.
And why does anyone really need 9k maps if like 5% of the players will actually be able to play it? People don't try 8k much, some don't even bother to go higher than 4k, 8k is not popular, 9-10k wouldn't be crowded either.
Topic Starter
abraker
That doesn't mean that it has to be unranked. It's just less players playing those keymodes. Still, that leaves the possibility of someone being able to get a ranked score on those.