forum

[invalid] Unpausing

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
[Painting] Mary
The way unpausing work now is after you press continue (or whatever your skin has it labeled as) you have to place your mouse in the same spot as when you pause and CLICK or press X/Z or whatever button you assign to.

It's in my opinion unnecessary and often, if you pause in the middle of playing or the song you are playing doesn't have break time (and your dear mother is calling you and if you don't immediately reply she will force you to absorb the universe's essence for dinner instead of rice or your toddler is at the balcony and you don't want him to go to first page of the news paper the next day along with something like "Negligent parent blah" ETC., you just have to pause no matter what - you get my point) will often force you to miss the next note as you don't have the momentum like when you are playing normally instead you are force to start mid way result in a drop in velocity and also it make the game feel clunky as you have to press an extra note that isn't there.
If you put enough force in, sure, you can hit that next note but also, you will have to decelerate in time (the reason why square is so ridiculous) or you will just go too fast and miss the next-next note anyway. Now you can argue that It's no harder than moving your cursor normally but there is also panic, too much force ETC.

My proposal is that you don't have to click or press X/Z any more but just move the cursor there. (What is the point of pressing continue twice anyway?)

(There is also this problem with starting from pause and lose rhythm but that is for some time later or some brilliant mind to solve as I have no idea how to solve that)
peppy
The click helps you keep the timing you stopped with? If you just moved the mouse to the place you stopped, you'd have to idea when the song would start again.

Losing rhythm is intentional. Pausing can be abused and therefore it is slightly "nerfed" to encourage you not to pause.