forum

Tier System for Acc+pp+Levels

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +9
Topic Starter
xBuchi
I've been thinking that the only way to see how good you are is your # on the leader board, I'm thinking of sort of a rework to it, making it better and cleaner

Your accuracy + pp will determine your rank, As well as level,

There are 6 tiers with a ladder for each tier and the ranking would go as so

Bronze:
0% Acc, 0pp
(where everyone starts out)
Multi-Player is disabled, so noobs don't go into a team game and troll and kill the teams chance of winning

Silver:
70% Acc, 50pp, Level 10
(where beginners sit around)

Gold:
80% Acc, 100pp, Level 25
(where most causal players are)

Diamond:
90% Acc, 500pp, level 45
(where serious players are, Unless they go hardcore)

Uber Tier:
95% Acc, 5,000pp or higher, level 70
(Where normal lives go to die)

World Cup Tier
95% Acc, 8,000pp, Level 100
(is only given to players in OWC

Edited to make sense

This would give levels more meaning then a imaginary number, and would make the Leader board cleaner and show where you are in that tier and how close you are to climbing out of that tier

Possible Rewards:

When you reach a certain tier you would unlock an achievement or a cosmetic or such.

Achievements:

Fresh Meat:
Get to Bronze tier
(basically means make an account and play)

Not a Noob
Get to Silver Tier
(play to level 10 and get a decent accuracy)

Bling Bling
Get to Gold Tier
(you are average at this point)

Very Shiny
Get to Diamond Tier
(you are really good at this point)

You should probably stop now
Get to Uber Tier
(you are at least under #250 on the leader board when you get this)

World Cup Tier:
Play in OWC
(you all know what this means)

Cosmetics:

Bronze: As the game looks right now, un-skinned

Silver: Osu! icon on start screen is a silver hue around the edge

Gold: Osu! icon on start screen is gold around edge, Gold hit circle icon next to profile (at the bottom of the screen next to random button or top left corner in main menu), Gold Hit circle under forum name.profile pic

Diamond: Osu! icon edge is Diamond blue color, Diamond Hit Circle icon next to profile, sky blue name in all chat lobbies, Diamond Hit circle under forum name profile pic

Uber Tier: Rainbow Edge Hue, Rainbow Hit-circle, Rainbow Name in all chat lobbies, Rainbow Hit circle under forum name.profile pic

World Cup: OSu! logo replaced with OWC logo, OWC logo hit circle icon next to profile, Bright Green name in all chat lobbies

if you have anything to add, leave a suggestion
Bara-
God no
Why?
The tiers are completely messed up
Level doesn't mean anything, only how much total score you got
Only 2.000 pp for uber, and lvl 70?
WTF (4-5 k would just be good)
5.000 for World Cup and lvl 100?
WTF (7-8k would be good for this)
This doesn't make any sense
I don't see why anyone wants this at all, as the current ranking metric (pp) is good, and it shows skill quite good
Big no for me, sorry
Topic Starter
xBuchi

baraatje123 wrote:

God no
Why?
The tiers are completely messed up
Level doesn't mean anything, only how much total score you got
Only 2.000 pp for uber, and lvl 70?
WTF (4-5 k would just be good)
5.000 for World Cup and lvl 100?
WTF (7-8k would be good for this)
This doesn't make any sense
I don't see why anyone wants this at all, as the current ranking metric (pp) is good, and it shows skill quite good
Big no for me, sorry
i can fix this, going to edit now
deadbeat
honestly, this feels like you've been playing too much league and trying to bring their features into osu!
i don't understand why we need something like this at all. there's already an ELO feature request and honestly, that seems much more likely than this
xxdeathx

deadbeat wrote:

you've been playing too much league
also wtf 500 and 5000 pp are 1 tier apart
do you know how many players are in between that range
Topic Starter
xBuchi

deadbeat wrote:

honestly, this feels like you've been playing too much league and trying to bring their features into osu!
i don't understand why we need something like this at all. there's already an ELO feature request and honestly, that seems much more likely than this

Actually, i don't play league.... only tried it once,

the only reason i made this thread is because i feel the #(insert large number here) doesn't feel clean, probably just my OCD making large uneven numbers hell for me, honestly i find the #X out of #Y of Z Tier would look a lot cleaner than a absurd amount of numbers
DahplA

djice wrote:

Diamond:
90% Acc, 500pp, level 45
If this is diamond level...then holy crap is it easy to be considered good. I'm at 2.5k pp and I would still consider myself at a medium level.

Also:

deadbeat wrote:

Topic Starter
xBuchi

DahplA wrote:

djice wrote:

Diamond:
90% Acc, 500pp, level 45
If this is diamond level...then holy crap is it easy to be considered good. I'm at 2.5k pp and I would still consider myself at a medium level.

Also:

deadbeat wrote:

you have a good point but the Accuracy is the hard part, 1 bad play could drop you out of a tier (due to how accuracy is) but i didn't want to make the tiers stupidly hard, notice the jump from diamond to uber, it's a 100x increase in pp and 5% increase in Acc, there isn't going to be many ubers, but their will be a fair amount of diamonds
sirusi

djice wrote:

Diamond:
90% Acc, 500pp, level 45

Uber Tier:
95% Acc, 5,000pp or higher, level 70
(Where normal lives go to die)

World Cup Tier
95% Acc, 8,000pp, Level 100
(is only given to players in OWC
>500pp
>serious players

djice wrote:

the only reason i made this thread is because i feel the #(insert large number here) doesn't feel clean, probably just my OCD making large uneven numbers hell for me,
"Doesn't feel clean".
Then just play better and the number will be cleaner.

deadbeat wrote:

^
Eroichan
Honestly the concept is quite good and I do agree that we need a better tiering system as numbers aren't that accurate. I mean like between the 10k-30k/50k score is too varied I know the lower the better but thats not always the case as I myself get out-scored? By people higher then me and I do know there are a lot of factors to consider.

Instead of the Bronze/Silver/Gold maybe the community/Peppy/whoever could come up with different names for tier ranks even then maybe different for each mode i.e Osu, CTB, Taiko, O!M. Since the former tiers are too mainstream hehe :D

I wouldn't mind a border/Icon/Badge on my bar in the lobby of multiplayer games also on score cards ect of my tier. As it does give a more defining of skill. Hehe I myself play league but it doesn't influence my decision.
Seijiro
Please, I play osu because I wanted to run away from Moba/Rpg games, don't put something like that in here xD
Italo
please NO
Gumpy
Please no

deadbeat wrote:

leepdesu

Gumpyyy wrote:

Please no

Italo wrote:

please NO
there's no need for a tier system
Sea_Food
This thread can be summed into
OP has OCD and wants the game to be desinged to cater his issues
People who dont have OCD dont want it.
Bara-

Sea_Food wrote:

What's OCD?
kamikin_old

baraatje123 wrote:

Sea_Food wrote:

What's OCD?
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, it's when you think if something is not done in a certain way (e.g. the dishes are not washed with warm water) then something bad will happen.

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is a disorder of the brain and behavior. OCD causes severe anxiety in those affected. OCD involves both obsessions and compulsions that take a lot of time and get in the way of important activities the person values.
Sea_Food

baraatje123 wrote:

What's OCD?
Let me explain it in the context, not just copy pasted from wikipedia.

OP gets uneasy when he sees big numbers that are not round. His mind tells him that the numbers should be rounded. So for example rank #43 581 looks dirty to him, and he wants them "cleaned"
Bara-
LOL
you have no idea how much I laughed (due to Sea_Food's context)

/me runs
kamikin_old

Sea_Food wrote:

baraatje123 wrote:

What's OCD?
Let me explain it in the context, not just copy pasted from wikipedia.
I only copied the second part!
show more