forum

[Web] Make it more visible on whether a user is BN or not

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Bara-
We all know it's pretty hard to find a BN
Mostly, there are 2 important places to ask for a mod
A modding queue, and via their profile (+Forum PM)

Sometimes, if you're Lucky a BN has the term (BN) in it's Title, Mackenzie's, RuberusuScarlet's and Baraatje123's (mine)
At other times you can't know if a modder is a BN or not
I propose to add something to the modding queue of BN, like showing Nominator badge there as well.
The same should apply to profile pages IMO, the Nominator badge should appear there as well.

Update as of 19-7-2015: Completely rewritten OP as I made a duplicate (some time ago, but forgot about it) to my own thread. Now added "support" for Profiles as well (instead of only the modding queues)
xxdeathx
Noo but then we'll get necroed or spammed by random noobs that don't read rules
Topic Starter
Bara-
Same thing as before, when the names were red
It doesn't add trouble, as the old trouble persists, but only conveniences for mappers are added
Kurokami
We can't get colors no matter for what reason you request it. Use this instead: https://osu.ppy.sh/g/28 Its lame and useless and takes time but eventually someone will mention this anyway. :P

By the way, we all know its hard to find us.
Topic Starter
Bara-
I don't think you need colors, but maybe some way to show you're BA in the queues, like a star next to their name or somthing like that
Seijiro
Those who need BAs for any reason will not have problems if he/she's determined to rank their maps.

Basically, "Don't be lazy" if you really care about your map :3
Cerulean Veyron
Err... Bold BAs' username instead of color lacking? It'd look weird, but that's just my opinion.
Kurokami
Bold is for Alumnis. It won't work.
Cerulean Veyron
Pff, didn't meant by pitch-black bold like the Alumnis >.<'' Just colorless bold...
Topic Starter
Bara-
Or italics or underlined?
Those are some good ideas
As long as it's clearer
No Dap
good idea. but doubt it will happen because of what kurokami linked
Owntrolf
Isnt it already clear. You just know :< put bats on your to stalk list
Kurokami
Even if we are on that list, you don't recognize us since we have no color. And by the way, what is BAT? /me runs
Topic Starter
Bara-
Updated OP with new information
Also added "support" for Profile pages
Roxy Lalonde
Sigh... this isn't about the "annoying noobs". A good game isn't made to cater to/against the "annoying noobs".

It's about proper communication. A BN has powers that other users do not on the osu! system. To increase clarity by following the already set pattern, BN's require some sort of user visibility, just like QAT's and other staff do.

Kurokami wrote:

We can't get colors no matter for what reason you request it.
and why not