forum

Goose house - Hikaru nara -TV Size- [OsuMania]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
xNinjaKittyx
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, March 4, 2015 at 8:15:03 PM

Artist: Goose house
Title: Hikaru nara -TV Size-
Source: 四月は君の嘘
Tags: Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Your Lie in April Opening
BPM: 160
Filesize: 6992kb
Play Time: 01:29
Difficulties Available:
  1. 4K February (Normal) - 4Key (1.84 stars, 404 notes)
  2. 4K March (Hard) - 4Key (2.45 stars, 584 notes)
  3. 7K Arima Kousei (Insane) - 7Key (3.31 stars, 907 notes)
  4. 7K Baby Kousei (Easy) - 7Key (1.17 stars, 219 notes)
  5. 7K Emi (Hard) - 7Key (2.65 stars, 655 notes)
  6. 7K Takeshi (Normal) - 7Key (1.51 stars, 286 notes)
Download: Goose house - Hikaru nara -TV Size-
Download: Goose house - Hikaru nara -TV Size- (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

Must be redownloaded by 1/21/15 (Sorry, it's best if you delete your current mapfile and reinstall !)

7K MODE
Easy - 99% -
Normal - 90% - I think this needs more notes.
Hard - 80% - it's technically finished, but I don't like how it is right now
Insane -50% - I need Hard finished first, then i can rearrange insane again.

4K MODE
Easy - 99%
Normal - 90%
Hard - 75%

SPOILER
Changelog
3/4/15 - Edited the 4k difficulties. I want it to be more like other Drum songs. I'm trying to work out the different double note emphasis. Right now there's a lot of awkward spots.
2/13/15 - Edited Easy 7K to be more consistent in difficulty and a bit more harder. Made minor changes to Normal/Hard 7k. Considering reducing 4K count to only 2 maps.

SPOILER
Thanks to:
Adinata28 for timing and metadata
Adinata28
Hi Hi,
Just a random mod xD

General
  • Artist change to Goose house
    Title change to Hikaru nara -TV size-
    Source change to 四月は君の嘘
    Tags remove Anime and adds Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso and also Your Lie in April
    BPM OK
    Offset change to 315

Also check your aimod (CTRL + Shift + A) after applying all above.
+ when applying new offset, please resnap all note ;)

and will be good if you change all your diffs name to default ..
e.g 4K February (Normal) to 4K Normal or 4K NM

I dont know, why this map labeled 'not submitted' on my osu x_x

Good song, I Love it,
Good Luck >w<)/
will mod this later :3
Topic Starter
xNinjaKittyx
I applied the metadata and offset.

I'll change the difficulty names at a different time.

However, I have one question. Isn't the 0 beat (double bar) supposed to be the "down beat" of a song? Because 315 makes the 1 beat the "down beat" of the song.
Lunatic Raccoon
Hi xNinjaKittyx, as i can't mod your map (If i actually mod it, it'd be freaking long), i'll give you some suggestions instead
*No Kudosu please
Suggestions
  1. Usually if you map a song, you would have to follow both beats and vocal, but i can rarely see any note following beats in some diffs
  2. Here's some tips that might help you:
    - Use Long notes for voices
    - Use Normal notes for beats
    - You can make differences between diffs just by adding more normal notes on beats and long notes (but don't exactly have to be too much, just make it harder by adding one or two LNs or make them harder to press accurately, or keep it the same)
    - For beats only, if you hear any special or specifically different/louder beats, add one or two notes on account of the diff's difficulty. Make another note that you can use more notes on specific point in the diff like the beginning of Kiai(s)
I wish you good luck!
Topic Starter
xNinjaKittyx
Thx for your suggestion.
I can see that in the easy difficulties. I was a bit hesitant adding offbeat notes based on vocals in those lower diffs
And ive been trying to focus a little bit on the piano, but its hard to listen to it whilr playing I guess.. I will switch a lot of it back to drums. and follow your suggestions.
lenpai
Don't kudos.

I will not mod this. Just grazing 4k NM shows problems.

Given the advice above you should do the following:
1. Pitch: know how the sound should go I noticed some 1234 patterns that should have been 1231.
2. Rhythm: Just restating, don't go for white line notes (1/1s) if there is no drum or beat accompaniment. Doubles or triples for stronger beats
3. Practice mapping: sticking with modifing this mapset wont really help. Try making some more and let people, like me, check it. Don't go for full spread now as checked could find this very tedious. (Sry this will take a lot longer to rank)
4. Other stuff
Read the mapping guide in o!m forums if you haven't
Another read:
http://www.thorgaming.com/feelthebeats/ ... topic=1536

Should it not work I'll be willing to type down another tutorial.
Mapping is no laughing matter as it takes weeks and sometimes months for aspiring mappers to nail the basics
Welp, good luck
Also, do you see the 25%, 50%, 75%? That will help a ton to identify certain sounds.
Topic Starter
xNinjaKittyx
Thank you for the adivce.

I found the few areas in 4K where i would do nonsense 1234 instead of 1231, and it made it a whole lot better.
I didn't yet upload the updated version at the time of looking, so I added much more drum-related notes.

I'm kind of at that point where I just want to make a map for this because I love this song. I'm not super desperate to get it ranked or anything like that.

Thank you for the suggestions.
(and yes i used the playback rate in order to create , i just got really lazy when i did 4K LOL)
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.