forum

[resolved] Extreme lags when moving Logitech g502

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Neverbolt
Problem Details:
I got a new mouse, specifically the Logitech g502.
The mouse is great and works fine in every game/software, except when I try to use it in OSU. The problem is not it being plugged in, but the moving, as whenever I use the touchpad there is no lag. However, as soon as I start to move the mouse OSU lags/freezes, giving a blazing 1fps.
I have used every tutorial on osu lags, mouse configurations etc, but nothing works.

I can also not post a video, as Camtasia Studio shows nothing when recording these lags.

osu! version: 20141223.1 (latest)
VeilStar
Never used the G502, but if you close Logitech's mouse software (setpoint I think it's called?), does it still do this?
FrzR
Try lowering your Report/Polling rate on the Logitech Gaming Software. Since higher values can cause high CPU Usage.

The interface would look similarly to my G400s.
Topic Starter
Neverbolt
Thank you very much, decreasing the polling rate has resolved the problem!
Kitty Dyson

FrzR wrote:

Try lowering your Report/Polling rate on the Logitech Gaming Software. Since higher values can cause high CPU Usage.

The interface would look similarly to my G400s.

Dear sir/miss
holy shit. thank you. like i noticed i had a frame skipping lag problem on EVERY GAME I PLAYED up until now when moving my mouse. i spent a god 2 days looking up this problem and was even considering reinstalling my os until i took a look in the osu forums of all things. you saved me. thank you.
snz
really?

i know it's good to thank others for helping you but.. the last comment is 3 years old. as Death has already said: (a thousand of times)

Death wrote:

Please don't bump old, marked threads.