forum

[resolved] Mouse stops working properly after I open osu! w/ tablet!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ambamore2000
Problem Details:
Hello, so, I have a wacom bamboo capture, on a mac, and I have this major problem which has been bugging me for 1 week, so, I decided to get my lazyness on the fourms finally and report/ask for help, as I couldn't find anyone with this problem when I was searching for a while. Alright, so let me explain what happens at what time and how it happens. When I open osu!, I hit f3 to see other applications, and that works. If I open osu! with my tablet, if I use my mouse, it doesn't work properly. PROPERLY is the key word. It works somewhat, crusor moves, it can right click and left click, but it just doesn't do some specific things. This starts happening when I have osu! open AND my tablet is in, if my tablet isn't in, it works fine. After I disconnect my tablet, it still continues to happen. Now, here's the thing most of you guys will say. Restart your mac and osu, and yeah, no, that's what makes me come here, because I don't want to always restart my mac (which is the only solution I can find as of now) everytime I quit osu to do something else. If you watch the video below, you might understand more of my problem.

NOTES:
After editing the video, I realized that where my crusor when I used the mouse was wasn't where I was moving it at originaly, it was frozen at a place.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
It's best you watch it in 720p and slowed down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlz1_NB ... e=youtu.be

osu! version: 20141122 (latest)
NeVMiku
So let me get this straight because of the block of text, I'm going to summarise this into simpler terms. If anything is wrong then please tell me.

You start osu! with your tablet plugged in and thus your mouse doesn't work "properly".
You then tried unplugging the tablet but the problem persists.

It works somewhat, crusor moves, it can right click and left click, but it just doesn't do some specific things.
Right to this point I have no idea what 'the problem' or 'some specific things' are so please could you elaborate on this?

This starts happening when I have osu! open AND my tablet is in, if my tablet isn't in, it works fine. After I disconnect my tablet, it still continues to happen.
I have no idea what is going on. So you tried without the tablet then you disconnected it? How does that work?

And sorry your sped up video didn't help at all, at least to me.

All I can think of is that to rule out the forced position feature thingy that comes with the tablet. Make sure that you disable the mouse acceleration....well you can't on a Mac (though you can mimic the effect by using a third party program) or just use the option in osu! settings.

I also have to point out that osu! on Mac is still in beta (forever).
Topic Starter
Ambamore2000
You start osu! with your tablet plugged in and thus your mouse doesn't work.
You then tried unplugging the tablet but the problem persists.

// My mouse doesn't work PROPERLY. It works somewhat, just not how it should work.//

It works somewhat, crusor moves, it can right click and left click, but it just doesn't do some specific things.
Right to this point I have no idea what 'the problem' or 'some specific things' are so please could you elaborate on this?

// When I hover over my dock with my mouse, it doesn't have the dock pop up, if I do it with my tablet, it pops up, but after that, if I try to use my mouse after it's up and not use my tablet, my mouse is "moving" but staying still in the position of where the tablet last stopped at.//

This starts happening when I have osu! open AND my tablet is in, if my tablet isn't in, it works fine. After I disconnect my tablet, it still continues to happen.
I have no idea what is going on. So you tried without the tablet then you disconnected it? How does that work?

// I meant the "After I disconnect" part after it is in. Basically, if I start using the tablet with osu open, my mouse stops working properly. //

And sorry your sped up video didn't help at all, at least to me.

// Sorry if it didn't. //

I also have to point out that osu! on Mac is still in beta (forever).

// I didn't know that. .-. //
NeVMiku
my mouse is "moving" but staying still in the position of where the tablet last stopped at.
So the cursor doesn't move when you're moving the physical mouse?
drum drum
hm? You havw triee unplugging your mouse and then plugging it back in right?
Topic Starter
Ambamore2000

NeVe12p4wNeD wrote:

my mouse is "moving" but staying still in the position of where the tablet last stopped at.
So the cursor doesn't move when you're moving the physical mouse?
Alright, I have problems giving in-depth explainations, so, if you lose me, then yeah, but basically, when I am moving my mouse, on the screen, it is moving, but in the computer, it is staying still. How I found this out? After I finished my recording, my recording system makes it so the crusor isn't the crusor on the screen, but what the computer says the crusor is at that time. I saw that after I let go in the dock with my tablet, my crusor was staying still, when I remember that I was moving it, trying to show what it was doing.
Topic Starter
Ambamore2000

drum drum wrote:

hm? You havw triee unplugging your mouse and then plugging it back in right?
Yes, of course.
Bara-
Disable raw input
Mouse sensitivity to 1.00x
Topic Starter
Ambamore2000

baraatje123 wrote:

Disable raw input
Mouse sensitivity to 1.00x
Raw input is already off, mouse sensitivity always goes from 0.99 to 1.01, I can't get it to 1.00, but I don't think that really matters, just 0.01 off, but otherwise, didn't work.
Bara-
Use arrow keys
Topic Starter
Ambamore2000

baraatje123 wrote:

Use arrow keys
Still dosen't work with exact 1.0. .-.
drum drum
Open the .cfg and set mousePrecision to 1 (if that's the correct value)
Topic Starter
Ambamore2000

drum drum wrote:

I'm on a mac, not sure exactly where this .cfg is. I tried looking in the package contents.
drum drum
Look in your osu! folder and find osu!.<username].cfg
Topic Starter
Ambamore2000

drum drum wrote:

So I have found 2 configs, 1 osu!.cfg and osu!Andkim.cfg
- Marco -
the second one
Topic Starter
Ambamore2000

marcostudios wrote:

the second one
Doesn't have Mouse Precision.
- Marco -
add it yourself :)
Topic Starter
Ambamore2000

marcostudios wrote:

What does it do...?
NeVMiku

Ambamore2000 wrote:

marcostudios wrote:

What does it do...?

It should set your mouse sensitivity setting to 1.00x.
show more