forum

[Archived] Spin BG from map override the one from your skin cuttingedge

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Arnold0
Problem Details:

Hi,
Since toodays cutting edge update, there is an issue with spinners. When a map have a custom spinner background, it overrides the one from your skin, even when you desable map skin.
Here is how it looks on Stable and used to be before tooday on cuttingedge :

And how it looks now, you can see it takes map spinner background to replace my own.

EDIT : OP & title has been modified to reflect a change, because only maps with spinner background have this issue, not all maps.

osu! version: 20141106.14 (latest) (Nope it's cutting edge this got replaced because I started stable)
drum drum
Can you share your skin.ini file?
Topic Starter
Arnold0
Yep sure, here it is :

//PLEASE read readme.txt

[General]
//Your skin's name. Include a version number for newer changes!
Name: My Compilation
//Your name. Using your forum username is preferred.
Author: Arnold0

Version: latest

//When a slider has a reverse, should the ball sprite flip horizontally? (0 = no, 1 = yes)
SliderBallFlip: 0

//Should the cursor sprite rotate constantly?
CursorRotate: 1

//Should the cursor expand when clicked?
CursorExpand: 1

//Should the cursor have an origin at the centre of the image (if not, the top-left corner is used)
CursorCentre: 1

//The number of frames in the slider ball animation
SliderBallFrames: 10

//Should the hitcircleoverlay sprite be drawn above the hircircle combo number?
HitCircleOverlayAboveNumer: 0

//Custom combo sounds
//CustomComboBurstSounds: 100,200,300,400,500,600,700,800,900,1000

SliderStyle: 2

[Colours]
//Colours are defined as RGB triplets.

//The combo colours. Can be anywhere between 2 and 5 - just leave out the ones you don't want
Combo1: 255,255,0
Combo2: 255,0,0
Combo3: 255,0,255
Combo4: 0,0,255
Combo5: 0,255,0
Combo6: 0,255,255
Combo7: 255,128,128
Combo8: 128,255,128

//The border colour on slider tracks.
SliderBorder: 255,255,255

//Force a slider track to a certain colour.
SliderTrackOverride: 0,0,0

//Colour of the approach circle used for spinners.
//SpinnerApproachCircle: 77,139,217

[Fonts]
//The prefix will be used for the png files corresponding to the font. With a prefix of default, you would create pngs for default-0.png default-1.png etc.
HitCirclePrefix: default
//Overlap is number of pixels each character is allowed to overlap the last.
HitCircleOverlap: 3

//Score fonts can be drawn differently to hitcircles. If you only want to use one font, you can set this to the same prefix as your hitcircle font.
ScorePrefix: score
ScoreOverlap: 3

I don't know if something is wrong in it but it always worked fine with this before toodays update.
drum drum
iirc
Version: latest
isn't going to work. (cmiiw)

Use
Version: 2.3
instead if you want and see if that works.
Topic Starter
Arnold0
Thought you could use this for users skins so they work like the "user" folder because of this

peppy wrote:

If you have more than one user skin and wish to stay up-to-date on all of them, you can use a skin.ini with "Version: latest". Note that you should not use latest for distributed skins.
but maybe I'm wrong. Sadly with version 2.3 it's the same result.
drum drum
It doesn't happen for me. Can you send over your skin folder?
Topic Starter
Arnold0
Here it is : http://puu.sh/cURPe/aa36d669ca.rar

EDIT : Also I think i'm a bit imprecise. It's the spinner background which is replaced by osu! deffault / maps elemenets, the other elements of the spinner seams to be fine.

Re-Edit
Even with spinner background other than 1*1px it still does the same, tried with this image :

ReRe-EDIT :

Sorry was a bit wrong, this only happens on maps with custom skins having a spinner-background.png. So in reality it's spinner bagronds from maps that override your skin, but when there isn't a spinner baground on the map then it works as usual. That's probably why no one seams to notice this, because maps with custom spinner background are a bit rare nowadays. I'll edit title and OP to see this change.
If you want a map to comfirm, this one have a custom spinner background : https://osu.ppy.sh/b/145157
However, I played this mùap yesterday and I'm pretty sure I didn't had this bug, so I still think it has been added in toodays updates.