forum

The huge discovery I've made yesterday

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
aush
I have a generic-shitty speakers in my monitor. Also I have a good headset, but I rarely use it. Yesterday I've been playing osu when I got a skype call, so I switched to the headset. After the conversation I decided that I'm too lazy to switch back and continued to play osu with the headset. WOW, it was like a bomb! Instantly it became clear to me that I never actually heard hitsounds before. I mean they was always there, but they didn't affect my play. I don't like loud sounds, so my volume level was always low, but my headset is set up for the skype to be loud and it makes a huge difference. Now I really can hear when my beat is off because hitsounds of missed circles make weird sound, which doesn't bother me before as I barely hear it.

So, I want to give a little hint for newbie players like me. Check you audio setup. Osu is a rhythm-based game and listening to music/hitsounds is very important.
Blueprint
DeletedUser_3905941

Blueprint wrote:

i hate that song
deletemyaccount
Some more advices is to change your hitsounds using skins if you haven't already; also, you can lower the volume of the music in the options so the hitsounds are easier to hear (if you're into that).
Jimboker

Philantropist wrote:

Some more advices is to change your hitsounds using skins if you haven't already; also, you can lower the volume of the music in the options so the hitsounds are easier to hear (if you're into that).
FYI, Alt+Scroll wheel will change hitsound volume in game.
GoldenWolf

aush wrote:

Osu is a rhythm-based game and listening to music/hitsounds is very important.
Well thanks for stating the obvious lol
Aqo
This huge discovery I made

naaaaah ;)
nrl
Used to be the same way for me, speakers to headphones was a night and day difference. It's not quite the same now.
Mofu kun
I have hitsounds pretty loud. So I never felt the difference.
winber1
rhythm games do not require music; they require love and gentle cuddling B-)
Mystrian_old

GoldenWolf wrote:

aush wrote:

Osu is a rhythm-based game and listening to music/hitsounds is very important.
Well thanks for stating the obvious lol
raww_old
2014 maps require no hitsounds as there is no rhythm :^)