forum

[Archived] Sudden lag spikes in editor

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ayu
Having the editor opened for a while, it keeps using more and more memory. Doesn't seem to be related to my own hardware etc, but seems that editor is taking away memory and then keeps it. Usually my osu! uses below 200MB, but this keeps going up and up when I'm editing. Eventually it takes too much and it causes fps freezes, until I restart osu! only to let it happen again and again.

Not sure if others have it, but I'm sure some people mentioned it too. Hope it can get comfired/resolved

osu! version: 20140721.1 (latest)

quick edit: osu! seems to take a little more memory every time when you place an object.
Juuryoushin
I thought I was the only one here with that memory usage thingy. I can confirm it.

The more I map without quitting, the more memory it eats. It tends to increase higher (regardless of how many restarts I do, it increases even faster) when the map itself lasts for long.
Those lag spikes when switching between the different menus make it extremely annoying.
Pannari
I can confirm.

LioVir
same here 5minutes of editor starts lagging too much since last patch
Shirayuki
It's from Undo History, just save and go out of editor once in a while / a simple restart will reset this.
Bara-
I now know why this is happening
I can confirm: t/213339 (Don't mark current thread dupe, the thread I listed will get duped)
MillhioreF
This is why there's an option in the options menu to disable undos. It should fix all of your memory problems at the cost of, well, not being able to undo.
Bara-
Yeah, but sometimes you do something wrong, like moving a slider to a wrong place and you want it back, but you don't know where it is, which is why I'd say it should save up to a max of 10 undos (Shall I make feature request for this, to set the maximum amount of undos it'll save to prevent lag in the editor?)
MillhioreF
That'd probably be a good idea. Even 10 seems perfectly fine for most use cases, though.
Bara-