forum

[Archived] Has something gone wrong during the submission process?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
_vanity
Problem Details:
Hello, everyone. I've uploaded a mapset and for whatever reason, no one is able to download it successfully. What happens is when they attempt to download it, the game freezes and nothing really happens. They take a look in the folder and the .mp3, along with the .txt files are missing. They are left with only the background image and the hitsounds. Though, it looks completely fine to me. I've checked everything on my side and it seems to be 100%. Exporting the beatmap from the editor turns out to work just fine. Is there something I could have done to mess this up this badly? No one seems to know what the issue is.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
Can't really provide anything for this sort of problem. :|

osu! version: 20140605.8 (latest)

If you feel I have not gotten into that much detail, please ask me anything and I will be willing to answer.
Thanks for your time. :)
peppy
Have you tried uploading again? Have you tried downloading your map and testing?
Topic Starter
_vanity

peppy wrote:

Have you tried uploading again? Have you tried downloading your map and testing?
Pleeenty of times.
peppy
I have checked on the bss systems, but everything looks okay from this end.
Topic Starter
_vanity

peppy wrote:

I have checked on the bss systems, but everything looks okay from this end.
Hm, well, do you recommend that I try anything?
Niervaco
It is possible that it just isn't working for you somewhere between BBS and you, or that something in your beatmap is trolling BBS.
peppy
check you don't have multiple copies of the map locally or anything
Topic Starter
_vanity

peppy wrote:

check you don't have multiple copies of the map locally or anything
No copies whatsoever.
Lanturn
So as you said, the .txt and mp3 files are missing.

Can you give us the export that works? Perhaps me (or someone else) can figure out what the problem is if we can look at the files.

------------------

Just to double check. Please try looking for these two things.

Check for a folder named "PartyxParty" (Going by your MP3 name) and check for a folder named "180807 Vocaloid Six - Party x Party"

Delete the "PartyxParty" folder but make sure to move any content inside to the 180807 mapset that might be missing such as the mp3 or .osu files.
Topic Starter
_vanity

Lanturn wrote:

So as you said, the .txt and mp3 files are missing.

Can you give us the export that works? Perhaps me (or someone else) can figure out what the problem is if we can look at the files.

------------------

Just to double check. Please try looking for these two things.

Check for a folder named "PartyxParty" (Going by your MP3 name) and check for a folder named "180807 Vocaloid Six - Party x Party"

Delete the "PartyxParty" folder but make sure to move any content inside to the 180807 mapset that might be missing such as the mp3 or .osu files.
Here's the export.
The only folder that exists is 180807 Vocaloid Six - Party x Party and all of the files seem to be there.
If you also want a puu.sh of the folder itself, let me know.
Lanturn
Alright. Some things that might be causing this issue.

1. Did you rename your MP3 file at any point after putting it in your song? The MP3 file I got is "Vocaloid Six Party x Party[2].mp3" instead of in the screenshot you show "partyxparty" (assuming that is the mp3 file)

2. Because of this, try to search for a folder called "Vocaloid Six Party x Party [2]"

2.5 What folder opens when you go to File -> Open Song Folder in the editor? Is it "180807 Vocaloid Six - Party x Party" or something else?

3. Try renaming the MP3 File, and the .osu mp3 filepaths without the "[2]" (and remove the extra space between Six and Party lol) because there is a small, though doubtful chance this might be causing some hiccups.

I really think it's still a duplicate folder problem, as I don't see anything wrong with your .osu and mp3 files (besides possibly the name)
Topic Starter
_vanity

Lanturn wrote:

Alright. Some things that might be causing this issue.

1. Did you rename your MP3 file at any point after putting it in your song? The MP3 file I got is "Vocaloid Six Party x Party[2].mp3" instead of in the screenshot you show "partyxparty" (assuming that is the mp3 file)

2. Because of this, try to search for a folder called "Vocaloid Six Party x Party [2]"

2.5 What folder opens when you go to File -> Open Song Folder in the editor? Is it "180807 Vocaloid Six - Party x Party" or something else?

3. Try renaming the MP3 File, and the .osu mp3 filepaths without the "[2]" (and remove the extra space between Six and Party lol) because there is a small, though doubtful chance this might be causing some hiccups.

I really think it's still a duplicate folder problem, as I don't see anything wrong with your .osu and mp3 files (besides possibly the name)
At one point, I had renamed the .mp3 from Vocaloid Six Party x Party[2] to PartyxParty in attempt to fix the issue. There isn't a folder named Vocaloid Six Party x Party [2] that exists. Yes, when I open the song folder through the editor, it opens up to 180807 Vocaloid Six - Party x Party. Filepaths are as shown.