forum

[duplicate] Click & Make editor

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
ziogio
Hi to all,

Firstly, sorry for the bad english. If someone have the intention to make this a better thread, please send by PM in my profile the correction and I will edit this.

Why?
This is my idea for answer to all that players (not really pro in mapping) that aren't able to create their own map because of the editor.
That idea, in my opinion, will bring an amount of map bigger and that can be a pro or a contro, but in any case ranking it's another thing.

What?
The idea it's really simple to imagine.
It consists in a button in the editor named "Click & Make". When this button is pressed, a new mode of mapping will appear. In this mode, when someone click the play button usually used for searching a correct BPM, when the player click with the mouse, with the keyboard or what he use, a circle will appear and be automaticatly timed with that rapidity. If the player slides, a slider will appear. If the player spin, the editor will make a spinner that last for the duration of the spinning of the player. :D

Problems
1) It isn't an easy idea to be done.. but I think it will be helpful for many player
2) Peppy probably will never read that, so if someone like this idea, please get read the "Other way to realize this"
3) That system will bring many craping map that no one will never rank.
4) The BAT will get crazy checking all the new map, so there are two possibilities: the BAT's member will increase, or the mapping ranking system have to change. I don't know, maybe with the opinion of the player (ex. If 1000 players rank with 4/5 stars or 5/5 stars, the map will enter in the ranked).

That will change the normal editor too?
Absolutely no. The players will be free to use this mod or not use this mod. They can map in the classic way, or use this new method. Obviously, when the map in this way it's done, it's good thing to re-check this and change the timing in the normal way if it isn't soo coordinate with the song. Or change some buttons, I don't know. In fact, I think at this implemention as a first step in the making of a map, but certainly an easier first step than reading a thousand guide for understand absolutely nothing because it's too hard.

Other way to realize this
Probably, peppy will never approve this. For the 4th reason, I think.
So, if someone it's interested in making this idea, and he's a programmer, he can make an external editor just for this. That will make a file that can be easily read by the official editor and, in this (the official editor) the player will make the control of the map made in the other, who is the "Click&Make" editor.
This option is probably insane to do, but it depends of the person who are reading, so I propose this too.

Thanks for reading and let me know what you think about that! 8-)
peppy
I read everything in this forum. This is one thing I've wanted to do for ages, and guarantee when the editor is reworked it will happen. And yes it would affect the existing editor, since it is better in every way. And no, it would not affect the BAT, what.
manjumochi
This is very interesting. Support, despite don't have a vote to give.
Topic Starter
ziogio

peppy wrote:

I read everything in this forum. This is one thing I've wanted to do for ages, and guarantee when the editor is reworked it will happen. And yes it would affect the existing editor, since it is better in every way. And no, it would not affect the BAT, what.
I think that the reworking of the editor have to be one of the priority now. It's my opinion, but many players say the "mapping is dying", so why don't try to see what happen with this new feature?

manjumochi wrote:

This is very interesting. Support, despite don't have a vote to give.
Thanks!
sheela
Sounds interesting. It might be helpful, for new mappers.
Topic Starter
ziogio

sheela901 wrote:

Sounds interesting. It might be helpful, for new mappers.
Yes, maybe next they will map in a better way, but that will improve the new mappers in my opinion :)
Kaeru
It's a neat idea, but I can't really imagine how a map can be done in a professional manner using this method alone. The interface of the main editor would still play a big role in tweaking all the notes and sliders and what not. I guess it would help if we could slow the song down in the click & make mode so we have more time to react and think about where to place things.
Your Good Self
t/106901
t/125730
t/161217
^ can someone tag them duplicate?

also t/164298
Mao
Hm, it sounds like an interesting idea but it sounds extremely hard to realize. Especially the whole structure of a map would be affected a lot. I mean, nowadays most mappers place everything with a really big thought behind it so that each object makes sense in terms of structure with the other objects. This structure would be kinda destroyed with this so I guess I'm against it if it would affect the normal editor.
And with the BAT, there are tons of maps nowadays as well. The BAT don't have to check all pending maps, just the ones of peope putting a lot effort in ranking them.
Topic Starter
ziogio

Kaeru wrote:

It's a neat idea, but I can't really imagine how a map can be done in a professional manner using this method alone. The interface of the main editor would still play a big role in tweaking all the notes and sliders and what not. I guess it would help if we could slow the song down in the click & make mode so we have more time to react and think about where to place things.
This method won't change the normal editor, would be just a first step into making a new map. And I think your idea is cool (slowing the song) :D

Your Good Self wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/106901
t/125730
t/161217

also t/164298
I extremely think that the people who tag every single thread already existing with [duplicate] doesn't really understand what this section it's supposted to be. All the links you've linked are already [duplicate], so no one will never read them. Can you leave one request of this tipe without searching any method to underscoring the people's idea? (ideas for that, I re-say that, this forum was created I think)

Mao wrote:

Hm, it sounds like an interesting idea but it sounds extremely hard to realize. Especially the whole structure of a map would be affected a lot. I mean, nowadays most mappers place everything with a really big thought behind it so that each object makes sense in terms of structure with the other objects. This structure would be kinda destroyed with this so I guess I'm against it if it would affect the normal editor.
And with the BAT, there are tons of maps nowadays as well. The BAT don't have to check all pending maps, just the ones of peope putting a lot effort in ranking them.
Really I don't think that's too hard to realize. I saw that in a game on Android and I loved it, so i propose this system to osu! too. But, if someone who created an app even not so popular in the android market had make it, I think peppy can do that too. It's just a modern drag&drop, the click would be connected with the "adding circle" option, the hold of a key the slider, ecc... It's not that hard, but I'm not a programmer. It's just an idea.

Mao wrote:

I'm against it if it would affect the normal editor.
I repeat that: it would be just an option of the editor, not an other editor. You will be free to use or not use this mode and I think everyone will just re-check the map in the normal way before start the road of a ranked map.
deadbeat

ziogio wrote:

Your Good Self wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/106901
t/125730
t/161217

also t/164298
I extremely think that the people who tag every single thread already existing with [duplicate] doesn't really understand what this section it's supposted to be. All the links you've linked are already [duplicate], so no one will never read them. Can you leave one request of this tipe without searching any method to underscoring the people's idea? (ideas for that, I re-say that, this forum was created I think)
i marked those as duplicates just now. also what use is having multiple threads open for the same request. it's useless :/
i know what i'm doing and how things works. trust me :p
Topic Starter
ziogio
What I said it's that marking this thread with "duplicate" when every other thread of this type it's duplicate too it's useless and unfair for the people who, maybe, will support that idea. So, probably, I misunderstood the other user request - sorry. Anyway, what I mean it's that one topic like this have to be open - in my opinion.
peppy
why are older threads being tagged as duplicates? let's tag this one too then
the topic and op are nothing special and focus on weird stuff

@deadbeat you don't know what you're doing, trust me
KinkiN

peppy wrote:

I think it's enough to hear that you have this request on your to-do list
deadbeat
i kept this one due to some s.p and attention from you. felt it was the better choice :<
Topic Starter
ziogio

peppy wrote:

@deadbeat you don't know what you're doing, trust me
If you think like that, remove this forum. It's useless. Make your own game and hope for the players approval, because you doesn't seems interested in any idea and, if you are, you wait for almost 1000 stars for let's think about it (the 16 players multiplayer - more slots, nothing more).

In my opinion, deadbeat at least try to explain his reasons.
Piine

ziogio wrote:

If you think like that, remove this forum. It's useless. Make your own game and hope for the players approval, because you doesn't seems interested in any idea and, if you are, you wait for almost 1000 stars for let's think about it (the 16 players multiplayer - more slots, nothing more).

Can we just chill. I can understand your frustration ziogio, but even so, have you ever try coding into a game played by a community and be judged over a little tiny addition in-game. It takes time for progress (even though if it slow...). Be lucky that ppy actually recognized this (out of the two other post that have been here...). I am still kinda shocked how he says "deadbeat doesn't know how to do his job correctly" if he just thought that this post would have seen recognition seeing (he) ppy posted on this...

-shrug-
Topic Starter
ziogio

Sulker wrote:

ziogio wrote:

Can we just chill. I can understand your frustration ziogio, but even so, have you ever try coding into a game played by a community and be judged over a little tiny addition in-game. It takes time for progress (even though if it slow...). Be lucky that ppy actually recognized this (out of the two other post that have been here...). I am still kinda shocked how he says "deadbeat doesn't know how to do his job correctly" if he just thought that this post would have seen recognition seeing (he) ppy posted on this...

-shrug-
I think peppy can take some dev's assistant, but he don't want that. So... why I have to understand the fact he doesn't really care about the community?

I don't judge him as a person, but as a developer and a community manager (and he is extremely unfriendly).

Anyway, can a mod close this thread please?