forum

[Suggestion] "Osu!Skins" in-game interface

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +81
Topic Starter
SuddenlyBruno
Basically implement a Osu!Direct-like interface in-game where you can browse skins that can be created by anyone like beatmaps.
The process would be pretty much the same as downloading a beatmap through osu!direct, except that when you click the skin, It'd have a preview sample of the most important elements (playfield as background then the cursor, 300s, circles, spinners...)
You'd click on top rated, most downloaded, etc. to find the most popular ones... It'd replace the hassle of going on the forums, download, unzip, etc.
I think It'd be awesome, specially if you're a bit lazy like myself. It'd also create a centralised and neat platform for sharing skins ( besides the forum obviously).

It could also be a new Supporter-only feature? Adding value to the subscription...

Tell me what you think!
Lorenzo

SuddenlyBruno wrote:

Basically implement a Osu!Direct-like interface in-game where you can browse skins that can be created by anyone like beatmaps.
The process would be pretty much the same as downloading a beatmap through osu!direct, except that when you click the skin, It'd have a preview sample of the most important elements (playfield as background then the cursor, 300s, circles, spinners...)
You'd click on top rated, most downloaded, etc. to find the most popular ones... It'd replace the hassle of going on the forums, download, unzip, etc.
I think It'd be awesome, specially if you're a bit lazy like myself. It'd also create a centralised and neat platform for sharing skins ( besides the forum obviously).

It could also be a new Supporter-only feature? Adding value to the subscription...

Tell me what you think!

This would be great supporter feature, I would like to give support but I don't have any votes left :c
Granger
Ok, heres a problem:
The previev would require you to DL all these images already, without DLed data no previev.
Without previev the entire suggestion goes moot because you might aswell just look on the forums then.
Topic Starter
SuddenlyBruno

Granger wrote:

Ok, heres a problem:
The previev would require you to DL all these images already, without DLed data no previev.
Without previev the entire suggestion goes moot because you might aswell just look on the forums then.
The server would generate a low res preview of each skin's elements upon submission? Or it would just link to a video on youtube for a nice preview. I still think it's a feasible idea if there was a way to showcase/preview the skin effectively "on the spot"... I see great value in a tool like this but I understand that for now, it might very well not be a priority!

It would be neat though! Oh so neat :)
peppy
I'm 101% this has been suggested many times before. And i'm 202% sure I've said this will happen one day, especially since the skin section is decommissioned from the updater now.
deadbeat

peppy wrote:

I'm 101% this has been suggested many times before.
that would of been me :p
been wanting something like this for a while ;w;
Topic Starter
SuddenlyBruno

peppy wrote:

I'm 101% this has been suggested many times before. And i'm 202% sure I've said this will happen one day, especially since the skin section is decommissioned from the updater now.
Great! Now I know that you know that this is a popular request!
Make it happen when you have the chance ;)
Topic Starter
SuddenlyBruno

deadbeat wrote:

peppy wrote:

I'm 101% this has been suggested many times before.
that would of been me :p
been wanting something like this for a while ;w;
So have I!
But I have a feeling Half Life 3 will be confirmed before this possible new feature is even announced! :)
(/jokes)(hopefully...)
Marcin

SuddenlyBruno wrote:

But I have a feeling Half Life 3 will be confirmed before this possible new feature is even announced! :)
(/jokes)(hopefully...)
I'm not that slow okay.

despite looks
Topic Starter
SuddenlyBruno

Marcin wrote:

SuddenlyBruno wrote:

(/jokes)(hopefully...)
I'm not that slow okay.

despite looks
Yeah that was possibly a bit exaggerated...
Take it as motivation I guess? ;)
WavePoint
Sorry if I'm Necroposting this.

I think this will give anybody with "Osu! Supporter" a wide range of skins to not only test, but also find his/her favorite skin easily.