forum

Add a short note to each beatmap

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +50
Topic Starter
Krunschy
The title pretty much sums it up: What I'd like to see in the future is that you can add a little note, maybe 100 characters long to each beatmap. These could look something like this:
  • long streams,
    look out for jumps after break,
    short pause before the very last stream,
I just thought this was a good idea as there are often a few things like this I have to remember in order to play some maps properly and finding out by messing up the first play on the map is a real nuisance and time waste.
I don't know about other people who encounter this problem though, so it may be my personal problem only in which case implementing this feature would be unnecessary. :D
Edit: I thought of this as a personal note which each player can write down only for him to see, not as a short message from the mapper to the player. This note would be saved on the users computer.
Yukiteru Amano
Sounds like a neat idea :)
AmaiHachimitsu
Well, I treat it only as a possible option for the mapper, but that's all.

All those traps in maps are intended, so I don't think this idea is good. You should be able to read traps. If not, just try again.
Vuelo Eluko
most important would probably be "there's going to be a single in the center of the screen right at the end of the break that you will probably hit by accident while doing the do-si-do on your tapping keys."
Topic Starter
Krunschy

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Well, I treat it only as a possible option for the mapper, but that's all.

All those traps in maps are intended, so I don't think this idea is good. You should be able to read traps. If not, just try again.
It's not about the mapper adding notes to the beatmap. I completely agree with you that you should explore the map yourself first. What I thought of though was adding personal notes, which could cover your individual experience with the map.
And about the traps; if you put them down in the notes, you already mastered them once, and it is just a quick useful reminder. I don't think the inability to remember maps should be an impairment to players.
_DG
You can probably use storyboard for this, can't you?
Karuta-_old_1

N1ghtRabb1T wrote:

yeah, but most people keeps them disabled. I have them enabled but my backgrounds is dimmed, lol

This feels helpful but I don't think it's necessary since I really doubt people would bother reading it and keeping those notes in mind. when they play
Topic Starter
Krunschy

[MY] yummy90 XP wrote:

N1ghtRabb1T wrote:

yeah, but most people keeps them disabled. I have them enabled but my backgrounds is dimmed, lol

This feels helpful but I don't think it's necessary since I really doubt people would bother reading it and keeping those notes in mind. when they play
As stated in the edit of my first post I just did, I thought of it as a personal note for the player which he can add for himself to remind him of any personal weaknesses he will face when playing the map. And I actually do keep such traps in mind when playing maps like this, as long as I recall them, that is.
However judging from most feedbacks I got so far it doesn't seem like there were a lot of people which are handling this similar to me and therefore this feature seems a little bit dispensable, sadly.
silmarilen
looks the same as this topic t/166485
Topic Starter
Krunschy

silmarilen wrote:

looks the same as this topic t/166485
It is... Man how did I miss that it is even better described and all that. I'll just go and bump this one, this thread can be deleted. Thanks for linking it though.
deadbeat
keeping this thread. more active + no point in wasting that one star :p
Aureal3D
Vuelo Eluko
wew
Bara-
Nice bump :D
I like this
Cosmic Energy
I give 1
Aureal3D
let's bump
abraker

Aureal3D wrote:

let's bump
[ iL ]
Neat. I want bump.
xasuma
Some mappers put info like this in the description of the map. What would the diference be? Putting the message in-game would be annoying imo.
abraker
Some mappers put info like this in the description of the map. What would the diference be? Putting the message in-game would be annoying imo.
I see this most useful in replays, though. Like keeping track of what you think about certain parts of the map. Well, this would require the ability to control the replay playback.