forum

SB sprite clipping region

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
anonymous_old
I would like to be able to clip sprites to a rectangular region. An arbitrary (e.g. alphamask) clip region would work, too.

When you rotate or scale a sprite, it will occupy more space than it originally did. I want to restrict rendering to a certain region so the sprite doesn't go outside a certain area.

Example:

Scripting is trivial:
_X,...,UL1X,UL1Y,LR1X,LR1Y,UL2X,UL2Y,LR2X,LR2Y
Transition from ((UL1X, UL1Y), (LR1X, LR1Y)) to ((UL2X, UL2Y), (LR2X, LR2Y)).

Yes, I do have a need for this. ;P Especially the rectangle clipping. I'm fine with not being able to use an alphamask.
Topic Starter
anonymous_old

strager wrote:

When you rotate or scale a sprite, it will occupy more space than it originally did. I want to restrict rendering to a certain region so the sprite doesn't go outside a certain area.
"scaling" would be to make bigger, (or smaller) so... this would be counter-productive, unless you could turn it on/off.
Topic Starter
anonymous_old

Loogiesquared wrote:

strager wrote:

"scaling" would be to make bigger, (or smaller) so... this would be counter-productive, unless you could turn it on/off.
See the example image.
awp
very want clipping masks

especially alpha-channel masks so it's not just show/don't show it's show to what visibility
Daru
Yes, please.

I can think of dozens of ways that this can be useful off the top of my head.
-SiN-
My next SB couldn't be done without clipping mask

or

it can be done with 2mb of images : (dont wanna do that)
phqdtc
The clipping region would be very useful.I do have a demand for that in order to create effects like spinner-meter growing or sth other.
ShaggoN

strager wrote:

Scripting is trivial:
_X,...,UL1X,UL1Y,LR1X,LR1Y,UL2X,UL2Y,LR2X,LR2Y
Transition from ((UL1X, UL1Y), (LR1X, LR1Y)) to ((UL2X, UL2Y), (LR2X, LR2Y)).
I'm still so nooby that i don't get this code :oops: . Can You give little explanation plox ^_^
Anyway, awesome idea. Totally support. :D
Yingwu
I'm no mapper but i have to say that this idea (could) make the SB's a lot better then the average from now.

For example Counting you up, that one is of great quality and i would definitely like to see more of those.